ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inferno on V-Maxx coilovers :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Before:

DSCF2801.jpg

DSCF2089.jpg

DSCF2086.jpg

After:

DSCF2803.jpg

DSCF2804.jpg

DSCF2805.jpg

DSCF2806.jpg

Not sure if it's to low for my liking

Measured it againsts my friends 182 (on standard 16"s, mines on 15") and front is 40mm lower, and the rears about 43mm of standard.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Very nice :)

Height looks spot on to me fella, any scrubbing?

Not that i'm aware of yet, i've put it like this for now and will check it over at the weekend after i've done about 50 miles.

First go at fitting the fronts had no idea how much to wind it up and when i took it of the axel stands it was silly low, must have been about 30mm off the ground.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Excellent! You managed ok then!?

Took us 3.5 hours lol

Mainly adjusting the height etc though, car seams to drive fine, obviously it needs a proper b-road test. Not sure if i'll bother with getting it all alighed.

Mondeo TDCI 130
I would do eventually, makes the difference! Once your happy with height etc!

Don't get lost...............:rasp:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Took us 3.5 hours lol

Mainly adjusting the height etc though, car seams to drive fine, obviously it needs a proper b-road test. Not sure if i'll bother with getting it all alighed.
Get them aligned mate.

My suspension was way out after fitting my coils, handles like its on rails after the setup!

Looks alot better, not too low either!

172 Cup
Awesome, perfect height for me.

I'd definitely get it aligned, after I had coilovers fitted to my last car it handled awfully until it was aligned, then it was great.

Nice work

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nice one, looks a great height. Didn't think you would go for cheapy coilovers though.

It was either these or refresh standard, bought them second hand from a member on here, so could easily get back roughly what i paid for them if I don't like them.

Da

Less
Lol, mine was like that on the first attempt, the tyre was resting against the arch liner and the splitter was about 30mm above the tarmac!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Went for a proper drive, I think they rub when cornering very hard arg, so may lift the front slightly.

320d
Looks good. You'll have to have let us know how what you think on them, how they make the car handle etc.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So far I'm very impressed. But not done many miles yet or had them set up properly.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well a month on, can't decide, still not had them set up yet, but i have a feeling they might be to hard for the type of driving i do.

TrackCar & F30 330d
You'll get used to the stiffness. Dont you find it so much nicer to drive when your not rolling all over the place?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You'll get used to the stiffness. Dont you find it so much nicer to drive when your not rolling all over the place?

Thing is RS's dont really roll. Its good to have it complient, especially as the DR ;) does North Wales runs quite often, You need the suspension to iron out the imperfections to keep the car stable..........

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thing is RS's dont really roll. Its good to have it complient, especially as the DR ;) does North Wales runs quite often, You need the suspension to iron out the imperfections to keep the car stable..........

Hmm well i dont know what a Clio Sport handles like with the standard suspension as when i bought it my 182 was on georgous Apex springs lol. So for me it rolled a bit, i then put H&R coilovers on and it cornered a lot flatter.

Suppose it depends how and where you drive as to if stiff coilovers work for you or not.