ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

info please

Porsche Boxster987S
Looking some opinions on the best waxes and polishes money can buy. i want to buy ''the best'' products for the new car. also could someone tell me the differences between all the dodo juice products as i would not know what im looking for. sorry for the dumb questions but id really like to keep my car as clean , shiny and as well protected as possible.:cool:

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'll wait for Rich to appear, but "the best" is a helluva lot more than Dodo prices!

Value for money, that's another matter... Dodo are very good vfm. :)

106 GTi
I'll wait for Rich to appear, but "the best" is a helluva lot more than Dodo prices!

If I could keep one wax it would be Swissvax Onyx, easier on and off than any of the Dodo's and better looking.

My all time favorite is Swissvax Best of Show, looks only a touch better then the Onyx but lasts a lot longer.

Other than the two above I use P21s and Vic Concours alot.

Most other stuff stays on the shelf now, including lots of expensive stuff.

Porsche Boxster987S

If I could keep one wax it would be Swissvax Onyx, easier on and off than any of the Dodo's and better looking.

My all time favorite is Swissvax Best of Show, looks only a touch better then the Onyx but lasts a lot longer.

thanks for the feedback. are these all waxes your telling me about and where is it possible to buy these types of products?

CWG

Subaru Impreza
another cracking wax for easy on and off and gives excellent deep rich shine is Chemical Guy's Pete's 53 wax and the beading is just divine

Here is the beading on a Nissan Skyline R34 i do regular

skylinebeading007.jpg

skylinebeading006.jpg

skylinebeading001.jpg

and the car in full glory

STA72342.jpg

STA72343.jpg

the pete's 53 was applied over 2 months ago on this car and not been touched prior to me washing it after these pics had been taken

its around £30-£40.00 and imho the best all rounder out there alongside Collinite 476s

Porsche Boxster987S
^^^^^WOW

does it matter what colour the car is? mines yellow so would i need a specific one??

CWG

Subaru Impreza
^^^^^WOW

does it matter what colour the car is? mines yellow so would i need a specific one??

Pete's 53 is durable for any colour car and therefore has no colour dye in the wax mixture to affect the car colour

Hope this helps

Craig

Fiat Coupe 20vt
We do most of the waxes listed above. Pete's 53 is £20.

My personal choice would be Victoria Concours but I have say Petes 53 sells better. Collinite #476s if you are looking for a really durable finish.

CWG

Subaru Impreza
Tim i'll be ordering some more Pete's 53 from you shortly and 476s
I thought it was around the £30.00+ mark as i'm sure that's what i paid

106 GTi
I much prefer Chemical Guys 50/50 to the Petes 53, but since Tim talked me into the Vics Concours would not bother with either !

106 GTi

thanks for the feedback. are these all waxes your telling me about and where is it possible to buy these types of products?

All waxes yes, all will need a products such as polishes used before hand to get the best out of them.

The Swissvax - http://www.swissvax.co.uk/

P21s - Now called R222 -http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/r222-carnauba-wax/prod_357.html

Victoria Wax - 6oz Concours Wax

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/victoria-wax/victoria-wax-6oz-concours-wax/prod_234.html

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/victoria-wax/cat_60.html

Porsche Boxster987S
many thanks for the advice guys. really interested in getting the best finish on the car. what specifically would you buy for liquid yellow? is that classed as a ''warm'' colour? :eek:

106 GTi
The whole colour changed waxes for different colours is marketing Bullshit by Dodo - don't buy into the hype IMO

I have tried most of my waxes on pretty much every colour and the naunces and differences in each are all down to the paint colour not the wax.

As to what I would use in a Liquid Yellow car would be down to budget.

20-30 Quid - Vics Concours

40-50 quid - Swissvax Onyx.

bmw m3
If no expense spared i think zymol vintage is up there with the best at £1800 its not cheap however free refills (as long as you cover postage costs) makes it worth condidering imo

im also a huge fan of swissvax best of show (BOS)

However at £95 dodo supernatural is brilliant

Its all personal preference though mate. I would be interested to hear what you go for.

CWG

Subaru Impreza
I wasn't too keen on using the concours so hence going back to the pete's 53 as i found it much easier to use and personally found the finish much deeper and richer in comparison

But each has their own views on waxes

In my business i need to use the one i find most comfortable with and that gives a nice finish

I use BoS alot too on the more prestige cars

Also the R34 i put up that had a coat of Zym0l vintage on it around 4 months ago now but wasn't that keen on it tbh

I truly think BoS gave a better finish last year on it

Porsche Boxster987S
as a complete novice in all of this and taking what people have said into acount i am stuck between the dodo juice supernatural or swissvax:S

would want to spend around the 50 mark

Mito Sportiva 135
Really wouldn't bother spending a fortune on a "top end" wax as even something like CG 50/50 of Swisswax Onyx look unbelieavably good.

Invest in a random orbital polisher like the MEgs G220, some polishes, pads and decent cloths instead, all the little bits add up. A LOT....

Porsche Boxster987S
just read about the swissvax onyx and it says works best on dark colours especially black . . . would it be a waste of money on LY? I think this is the 1 i will go for depending on the above ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Paul, Pop into Davids unit in Blantyre and get some 50:50, they also sell #53 but the 50:50 is a better all rounder.

Ali

Mito Sportiva 135
50:50 is good, if you have never used this stuff before you will be impressed.

If all your after is protection, go for Collinites, and leaves a great gloss.

Onyx is a very good all rounder though.

16v Dynamique
I'd choose the Zaino system over any wax, I prefer the crispness and flake pop of a sealant and durability of Zaino is claimed to be excellent, although it has not been on my car long enough for me to comment.

I'd only recommend this on defect free paint though, as any imperfections will be highlighted by the Zaino.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Paul, Pop into Davids unit in Blantyre and get some 50:50, they also sell #53 but the 50:50 is a better all rounder.

Ali
where is this ali?

Blantyre...I don't know the PC offhand. www.carwashnwax.co.uk will give you his contact details. Avoilds postage and he has so much stuff lol. You'll go in for 1 thing and come out wi 10!

^WAY too much hassle for what pauls wanting imo!

How? Exaclty the same as layering a wax so I don't understand where you're coming from.

what system you talkin about...Professional system injects colours into a solution?!!!

16v Dynamique
You're thinking of Z-FX, which is an accelerator that when added to Z-2 or Z-5 or whatever, allows you to layer up to three times straight after each other, and supposedly increases durability due to a better bond.

You don't have to use Z-FX, I haven't, all it means is that you must leave 24 hours betwen layers. So it really is the same as layering a wax; apply, leave to cure, remove and buff, and then re-apply in 24 hours.