ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

info required please

im looking for any info/sites etc on the clio williams cup/races cars if there was any, can anyone point me in right direction

cheers rich

try renaultsport.co.uk it is full of usefull info, if u get in, go to commuinty and it will show u the categorys, and u should find it there!

Cant be of that much help Im afraid.

What I do know is that the Clio 16V was rallied in Group A (yes, as in against Immprezas, Cossies etc) from 1991-3, when the engine was replaced with a Williams lump - it later evolved into the famous Maxi Clio. With the 2.0, it was the fastest FWD NA rally car made - and still is because the FWD NA catergory limit is now 1600cc (Super 1600).

Even the 1.8 16V rally car was 1.5 seconds per mile faster than the legendary Group B Renault 5 Turbo Maxi - despite the massive power deficit.

I think its safe to say that the 16V/Willy chassis was one of the greats.

cool, dont know if theres any specs on the cars engines/susp etc?

ill try renaultsport too cheers