ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Information re iPhone 5 deliveries and UPS

Fiesta STripes
Probably the best place to post this lol!!!

If you are having an iPhone 5 delivered on Friday by UPS, someone will need to be in at the address on the package to sign for it.

It cannot be left with a neighbour/in a porch etc etc, you can collect it from UPS if you wish.

iAnything launch days are a nightmare for us UPSers lol!!!

Mike

Fiesta STripes
I think so, but only if you manage to get through before the driver has left with it on his vehicle for the day and you have the tracking number - they say you can collect after 7pm if its on road.

RS6 C7
Most of my regulars do....phone (HTC One X) will be glowing Friday no doubt lol

So it's 100% delivered on Friday? Apple say they were despatched today but i take it UPS are holding the deliveries till Friday?

Reason I ask is because it's says on the Website when i track that i should expect to receive on the 21st or sooner..

O2 are delivering through DPD in my area. The wife's has said awaiting receipt or parcel for a couple of days now. But delivery still says tomorrow.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Let's hope they're not using maps in iOS6 to navigate their way to delivery addresses! ;)

It's been a colossal f**k up by EE. None of the Orange / T-Mobile stores got the right amount of pre-order stock in, most of the EE stores got no stock at all. Orange and TM are also using Royal Mail to send stock out as UKMail couldn't cope so that may be why you haven't had any text to let you know it's been sent.

Honda. Tesla Someday
It's been a colossal f**k up by EE. None of the Orange / T-Mobile stores got the right amount of pre-order stock in, most of the EE stores got no stock at all. Orange and TM are also using Royal Mail to send stock out as UKMail couldn't cope so that may be why you haven't had any text to let you know it's been sent.

Juuuuuust great!

I ordered with Tmobile early on friday when the pre-orders went live. Ive been told so many different stories by them its unreal!

"you'll get it on thursday (today)"

"you'll definately have it by friday"

"you won't have it till the following wednesday"

At least get your stories straight you incompetant b*stards!

Check on your My T-Mobile account and see if your tariff has changed. If your tariff has changed and or your back in commitment then theres a very high chance of you getting it tomorrow. The way our upg system works is it won't recommit or do a tariff change unless an actual handset and its IMEI has been attached to the upgrade and sent. Should be the same for Orange customers as well.

An orange one
I'm picking mine up in the morning from CPW,

had a text from O2 the other day thanking me for staying with them etc, walked into CPW last Saturday, upgraded, no queuing, no uncertainty over when I'll get it...done!

Things must be moving as I have no visual voicemail or data from dinner time today on my current sim

LY 182
logged onto the apple website and it says this.. [h=4]Processing Items Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks Delivers 03 Oct, 2012 - 09 Oct, 2012

looks like ive got a long wait then ? :([/h]

Fiesta STripes
UPS are delivering iPhone 5's ordered from Apple store. Any they have got tomorrow will be attempted tomorrow. Not sure about what phone network using which carrying company.

DPD delivered my new HTC this week on time to my work address - brilliant service!!

182, SQ7, Trafic
From Apple is the same, your given number means f**k all, you need to call Apple and get correct tracking number.

ph1 172
Bloke from the 3 phoned at 1800hrs to say my 5 is in the store! Made an appointment to collect it @ 0900hrs

I spoke to a guy earlier, who said they can't keep up with demand, and phones are literally being sent out as soon as they arrive and they are using RM and UKMAIL. And the computers aren't being updated with consignment no's. I did say that I know a few people (on here) who have ordered after me, and have consignment no's but I don't. He said he's surprised as he thought it was first come first served.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I got my text at 5pm yesterday.

Clio
Indeed. My contract has renewed, as when I phone up to trace my order, going through the upgrade section says I can't upgrade until 2014

Same here, I upgraded with Orange on the morning of pre order. I've not got a email or text as confirmation, but my online account says new upgrade date is 2014 and my price plan has changed.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Got 2 iPhone 5 32GBs delivered 20 mins ago! Both black! Both ordered last Friday from Tmobile.

I called Tmob this morning and they said they haven't sent them! Next thing I know they arrive via Royal Mail Special Delivery!!!!

DB.

BMW 440i
Mine was delivered at 10am from T Mobile/Royal Mail! Ordered about lunch time last Friday from T mobile.