ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injectors (nose design)

Clio 200
Anyone used 'long nose' injectors like Meg250 ones in ITB's before? All the ITB setups I've seen all use normal 'short nose' ones.
Or, anyone used short nose injectors in a manifold designed for long ones, aka the Mk3 Clio inlet?

The car is having a standalone next month and it'll be ~220 +/- 5hp, so probably closer than I really want to run the standard mk3 injectors at if I am trying to keep it at a decent maximum on the duty cycle.
I've seen Corsa VXR injectors which have a long nose, and are rated at 322cc @ 3bar, so pretty much perfect for my inlet and target power, apparently a 12 hole cone spray pattern too, so I 'hope' atomisation will be good..... However, I'm not sure they will work with ITB's when I swap to them next year as they are long nose?
Conversley the injectors I would probably run on ITB's given a clean sheet (IWP162 or Meg225 probably) all are short nose designs, and if I fitted those now I don't know what implications that will have on the standard inlet which I'll be running for a while.

Anserwing my own question - I'll probably need to buy both sets, but I would like to know if the possiblilty to save some money is possible, and if anyone has played with different injector nose designs as it's not something I can find any info on.

Cheers

Clio 200
Ah that's good to know :smile: I've been informed also from a tuner they're using Meg 225 injectors without issue, though they are running boost and a lot more power than I will be. So knowing also that the R3 Maxi's use short nose's, means further confirmation is great news.

This means I should probably run bigger short nose's from when the ECU goes in, knowing that my next mod will be ITB's. It might be crap but I feel like it'll lessen the mapping requirements later if injectors and fuel systems stays consistent, and I'm literally only swapping an inlet manifold over effectively.

Do your R3 ones have any markings and numbers on them (beyond the Renault part number I have (77 11 160 680)), which could identify what they are?
Or I don't suppose you fancy taking them to a local ASNU place for a quick cc test? I don't know how much a place would change for a quick cc test (would paypal you of course), but I'm thinking I might take my spare 197's to a local place and find out too.
You get your injectors as part of your package price - guess from Renault we're talking a lot of dollar?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'll have a look and see what part number is on them but I'm pretty confident that they're meg225 injectors mate tbh.
I'll not be taking them to get them flow checked! Taking it all apart again is the last thing I want to be doing atm! Lol!

I paid £160 for the 4 delivered iirc, so certainly not all that expensive. They didn't come with the rest of the maxi stuff I acquired.

Clio 200
lol, fair enough mate I can but ask ;) Might be able to tell what they are if you have access to take a pic perhaps.
That money is about what new Megs are, pretty good really for 4 injectors.

To start with I'll be using a DBW TB, the one I sold was just a spare one that came with my spare inlet (also sold). I did think about using a ph1 TB and Cup Racer pedal, but then I need to hook up an ICV really for a single TB to idle properly, then I'd need to re-drill the bolt spacing for the TB - just all a ballache and not really needed. The ECU is being designed as p'n'p which the mk3 is sorely lacking that option right now, so chances are they wouldn't want a cable TB on there anyway. A properly mapped and implemented DBW throttle with none of the Renault economy s**t on there can have it's advantages. Though I am keen to get rid of that shitty kick down pedal crap the mk3 has.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
lol, fair enough mate I can but ask :wink: Might be able to tell what they are if you have access to take a pic perhaps.
That money is about what new Megs are, pretty good really for 4 injectors.

To start with I'll be using a DBW TB, the one I sold was just a spare one that came with my spare inlet (also sold). I did think about using a ph1 TB and Cup Racer pedal, but then I need to hook up an ICV really for a single TB to idle properly, then I'd need to re-drill the bolt spacing for the TB - just all a ballache and not really needed. The ECU is being designed as p'n'p which the mk3 is sorely lacking that option right now, so chances are they wouldn't want a cable TB on there anyway. A properly mapped and implemented DBW throttle with none of the Renault economy s**t on there can have it's advantages. Though I am keen to get rid of that shitty kick down pedal crap the mk3 has.
The price led me to my thought process on them being Meg ones. Lol!

Just make sure that if they alter the responsiveness of the oe dbw tb they don't go bonkers mate. In the gen90 you can alter this, but it'll have the car kangarooing over a bumpy road as your foot will be constantly on/off if it's too sensitive. It'll also wear out the tb a lot faster.

Clio 200
Yeah I would imagine they'll raid the parts cupboard before buying in outside bits.
Do you recal if you had the 'blue tag' on them?

Clio 200
lol, yep pretty sure they'll be Meg's then! I'll ring R-sport tomorrow, you can get new Meg's from a Renault dealership on eBay for £140 delivered, so as long as they are not too much more I'll order some 'R3' ones ;)

Clio 200
I ran out of patience trying to find out if they are actually Megane RS injectors or not, I found my self knee deep in 'google translate' searching french clio sites and decided enough was enough!!
I did find one post saying R3 Maxi were Meg RS - but no tangible proof!

So I've ordered them from R-Sport/what was R-Sport - be just under £190 delivered. I'll post some pics and numbers up when they get here.

Clio 200
Yeah they've got the blue tag mate. That's the other thing that made me suspect they were 225 injectors!

Yep, have them now in front of me, they have the same part number as Meg 225's on the body of them... 8200511099!
They have the same 8 hole design pattern as the normal Mk3 injectors too, so probably why they have a good rep for atomisation etc.

They did cost me £186 delivered instead of £132 they are current on eBay for :( oh well it was better to be sure.