ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

inlets or decat

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Im thinking of spending a little money on the cup but not sure what to do, or change car. I was thinking of either fitting a decat or getting the inlets matched (I have a non -RS manifold). Which would be more beneficial to start with?
Or getting shot of the cup and maybe go for a alfa gtv v6 or i have seen a mint williams 2 for sale?

a thirsty one
i think inlets would be the first thing with yours being a 172 with the non rs inlet.

keep the cup as well.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
But the de-cat sounds sooooo good :cool: , surely the gains are going to be very samilar bhp wise but £70 for a brand new de-cat or £170-£200 for inlets to be done.. inlets are better for insurance side of things as metioned above :) , i plan to get my inlets done this month, i too have the non rs set :dapprove:

Qashcow
get the inlets done and get on the group buy quickly, cheaper than waiting a month and costing much more

182-racing-blue

Deliver a few more papers and get Throttle Bodies.!!!!!!!!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
what do u have done to the inlets then lads? sounds like a power gain whats involved?.

basically its making the inlets as they really should be but due to mass production & poor casting result in some thing that is not as pretty as it should be lol, can expect upto 10bhp in parts of the power curve :cool: , have been warned not to go the DIY route as they require a fair bit of work :(

A4 oil burner !!!
If you have the standard exhaust then i would say inlets as you really need a decent SS exhaust to mate with the decat to make it really worth while (then you get the noise which isnt evryones cup of tea!)
I again have had them both and while the decat does make your engine rev more freely it does rasp !
Save up and get exhaust/decat/inlets and remap done to make the most of the mods !

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Gonna have to extend the old paper round then for bodies;) !!! At the mo the car has a ktec stealth and itg panel. I do fancy a decat especially as i was off to ktec soon for service and sort out rattling exhaust so could get them to fit one. The only problem will the car be a lot noiser. I dont mind noise but i have the mini for that

A4 oil burner !!!
Yes will be prob twice as loud as your current set up as i had the ktec stealth with yozza decat, sounds like rasp as fook WRC rally car at full beans. I now have the ktec sports cat so not quite as loud but still a lovely rasp at high revs, still scares the bejesus out of unsuspecting motorists that i overtake !!!!

182-racing-blue

I have the ktec ultra, originally with decat and that is just within the FIA legal limit for noise pollution. I now have the ultra supersports decat which keeps my emissions within the legal limit and reduces the dB level somewhat but still increases the standard bhp by around 5.

340i
Ive got 3 de-cats left from the group buy I ran a few weeks ago..

Jamesstone is running one of them, along with 16 other forum members

£79 to your door step ;)

Definatly the best £ per BHP mod! and the noise... :D

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
I have the ktec ultra, originally with decat and that is just within the FIA legal limit for noise pollution. I now have the ultra supersports decat which keeps my emissions within the legal limit and reduces the dB level somewhat but still increases the standard bhp by around 5.

where did you get that from??

ITB'd MK1
I'd go for matched inlets. Dont think i'd de-cat entirely at all really, but think that's a personal taste thing as i've never liked noisy exhausts that drown out engine noise

182-racing-blue

where did you get that from??

All my work is done at ktec.

Im selling my decat pipe but you need an ultra sports ktec system for it to fit.

182-racing-blue

I'd go for matched inlets. Dont think i'd de-cat entirely at all really, but think that's a personal taste thing as i've never liked noisy exhausts that drown out engine noise

I was quite happy to drown out the noise from the whiney engine.

Although I cant hear the noise from my CAF now!!!

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Going for a decat at the mo and then see whats left over after 48k service, may then go for inlets or wheel refurb:S