ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inline fuse

BMW 120D M Sport
Hello,

Im just in the process of relocating the battery in my race car, Has anyone got a clue what size fuse i need to run inline, I cant see anything on the oem fuse thats on the positive battery terminal to work out what size i need?

any help would be appreciated

thanks

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
If you’re not changing the existing fuses in the engine bay then everything will still be protected by them.
If not then I run a 100amp in-line fuse in mine but then I don’t have any other fuses in the car, only a pdm which protects the individual circuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW 120D M Sport
If you’re not changing the existing fuses in the engine bay then everything will still be protected by them.
If not then I run a 100amp in-line fuse in mine but then I don’t have any other fuses in the car, only a pdm which protects the individual circuits.

thanks for your reply, I think the fuse ive removed is for the starter motor/alternator? But i could be wrong?

BMW 120D M Sport
If you’ve removed that one then you definitely need an inline fuse.

Yeah thats what im trying to figure out, The starter cable comes upto an inline fuse thats on the actual positive battery terminal.

Ive removed the battery terminal completely so the standard fuse has gone as well, Im trying to figure out what size inline fuse i need to run from the new battery in the car upto the alternator/start motor as the original Renault one has no rating written on it, Ive tried googling it but cant find anything