ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insane Tripod Pic...

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
DSCF2036Medium.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
The CS they had on Top Gear ages ago did this...looks like it could be real to me! (unfortunately!)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Grande
on top gear when jeremy clarkson was testing the 182 i think he kept gettin the wheel off the ground so i'm sure it is possible

browno

ClioSport Club Member
A bit geeky, but I'm 90% sure that first pic is from one of the original EVO road tests of the trophy - they may have a copy on their site...

Some very cool shots on here!

Up rocks
IIRC the guy whos driving the Trophy is on ClioTrophy and says that he was doing around 15/20mph in that pic.

'06 Black FF 197
got to tripoding my 197 as well

image.php

love this one though, same track, the FIAT's test track near the FIAT 500 factory in TYCHY - Poland

44.jpg

btw anyone guess what sticker that is on the rear???

Turbos.
Some great shots!

Its real, remember a near identical photo in Evo.

Obliviously its noted as some sort of macho thing to do but its usually down to turning in too early. Will do it easy on a Clio Cup car simply because of the stiffer suspension. A very stiff Porsche will do it with a front wheel easily too.

172 Cup
Aye, it's real. Someone posted it in a thread of members' cars a while back when people were comparing how high they'd managed to get their inside rear wheel in the air whilst cornering.

Link to thread please, tried searching to no avail.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
some awesome pics in this thread.

*awaits multiple 'ive binned my clio' threads to appear as people go and try it lol*

best i ever had was both back wheels off the ground in my 172 i was on the wrong side of the road passing fred with a car coming towards me

i slowed down after that

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
got to tripoding my 197 as well

image.php

love this one though, same track, the FIAT's test track near the FIAT 500 factory in TYCHY - Poland

44.jpg

btw anyone guess what sticker that is on the rear???

Please tell me that that is not all braking power and that it jumped in the air.
Otherwise that is incredible
3 wheeling is for gay 182's:rasp:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
it cant be hard to get the cups and what not on 3 wheels, ive even managed it in my 5 door diesel with 17" rims on trying to get away from my mates tdi polo 100. i suppose the anti-slip tarmac stuff helped a little, wouldnt do it agin it felt very wrong lol