ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inside Koenigsegg - Series

Part One: Carbon Fibre

Part Two: Triplex Suspension Explained

Part Three: Million Dollar Paint Job

Part Four: Feels Like A Million Bucks

Part Five: The Ultimate Test Drive

Part Six: Inside The Brain of a Swedish Bombshell

Part Seven: The Future of an Internal Combustion Engine

Part Eight: The 1140hp Heart of a Hypercar.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Inside Koenigsegg - Carbon Fibre

Interesting. I want one. That background music Is annoying though...

Arctic 182, GTD

Well interesting. Didn't relise it was so complex tbh.

Lionel Richie

i spent many weeks composting, its SO boring (and cold so that the prepreg doesn't set) there's a real skill to it and is very time consuming to do proper prepreg stuff, the majority of the aftermarket bits you buy for cars are just naff wetlay stuff that looks pretty but that's it, people like streamline and reverie do proper stuff (hence the price!)

Disastra Coupe

i spent many weeks composting, its SO boring (and cold so that the prepreg doesn't set) there's a real skill to it and is very time consuming to do proper prepreg stuff, the majority of the aftermarket bits you buy for cars are just naff wetlay stuff that looks pretty but that's it, people like streamline and reverie do proper stuff (hence the price!)

I wouldn't really call Streamlines proper stuff if i'm honest... Had a few parts off them for mine and my ex's cars and was never properly impressed with them. I will agree that it's a fine art though.

Lionel Richie

I wouldn't really call Streamlines proper stuff if i'm honest... Had a few parts off them for mine and my ex's cars and was never properly impressed with them. I will agree that it's a fine art though.

really? see i had that with a customer moaning that their 182 front spiltter wasn't as good as the one from another company, but it was full blown sexy prepreg CF which in the motorsport world is the best, glitzy stuff from china looks better but ironicly is s**t in comparison, it just looks nice

Disastra Coupe

really? see i had that with a customer moaning that their 182 front spiltter wasn't as good as the one from another company, but it was full blown sexy prepreg CF which in the motorsport world is the best, glitzy stuff from china looks better but ironicly is s**t in comparison, it just looks nice

That sentence kinda confused me... Dunno if it's just the way you've typed it lol. But i just found too many faults with Streamlines: weak points, bubbles, poor shape/fit etc. (obviously it's never going to be an OEM fit of course). I'm not trying to give them a bad name, there's worse stuff out there - i just don't think they deserve the hype they sometimes get :)

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Inside Koenigsegg - Carbon Fibre

That is an incredible car!

Streamline is 10x the quality that Spoox produce though. I think the standard on there work is fantastic.

I had a few bits on my 306 from Streamline and they all fitted like factory standard and were immaculate :) I guess because of the nature of the material it's very easy to get blemishes and such though.

I couldn't do it, that's for sure! A true art form

PH2 Flamer

I fitted a streamline splitter to my mates car, crap fit compared to my ktec one. Dont no if thats down to it being 2 piece or not.

Lionel Richie
only just noticed the VAG cardboard box on the bench when he's descirbing the steering wheel, he's still nicking bits off them then LOL! the first production car had a fuel cap from a VW beetle

330Ci cab
want want want!! love the attention to EVERY detail!! thats impressive. id love to have a ride in one of these, just for the experience. ill bet its mind blowing when all those intricate parts are together as one. epic

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Well, after Africa tonight, i know what im doing! Thanks for updating/bumping

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Part 9 is up.

Super interesting one this about the clutch and diff. Also spotted a cable tie being used as a bolt near the end lol.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I look forward to watching these later! They were in EVO last month and have a new cam less engine design iirc.