ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Install depths

RenaultSport clio 172
Does anyone know the size/install depths of the components in the Phase2 172? This isn't laziness on my part, more that I don't pickup the car until Thursday but I have a chance to buy some cheap kit today.

Regards

g18llo said:
Does anyone know the size/install depths of the components in the Phase2 172? This isn't laziness on my part, more that I don't pickup the car until Thursday but I have a chance to buy some cheap kit today.

Regards

what kit you buying as im trying to get rid of my hole install,

am letting it go for silly money

RenaultSport clio 172
MOFO said:
what kit you buying as im trying to get rid of my hole install,

am letting it go for silly money

Blaupunkt, as a friend works for them, but if you have anything you want to sell just let me know. I'm out on the road until 4:30pm, I'll pickup any messages then.

Regards

The Bus and MRT
Not sure about exact install depth mate but I've just bought some infinity Kappa 52.7i's and they swap straight in so you could get the measurements off them

g18llo said:
Blaupunkt, as a friend works for them, but if you have anything you want to sell just let me know. I'm out on the road until 4:30pm, I'll pickup any messages then.

Regards

no probs, ill send you a pm,

BMW M135i
In the rear the world is your oyster as its pretty much just a hole.
In the front you've got about 2 1/2" worth of depth, the trouble is the diameter tapers down to about 4" at the back which causes problems with large diameter backed speakers unless you don't mind hacking the door cards a bit.

RenaultSport clio 172
bmh.01 said:
In the rear the world is your oyster as its pretty much just a hole.
In the front you've got about 2 1/2" worth of depth, the trouble is the diameter tapers down to about 4" at the back which causes problems with large diameter backed speakers unless you don't mind hacking the door cards a bit.

Do people normally go for a solid/acoustic shelf, given as though it sounds like the standard shelf is pressed board?

Regards

Nike Lunar Elite's
g18llo said:
Do people normally go for a solid/acoustic shelf, given as though it sounds like the standard shelf is pressed board?

Regards

Neither, people dont put spakers in the rear/on the parcel shelf as it ruins the soundstage

Nike Lunar Elite's
g18llo said:
So where do the rear components go??

You dont need any rear speakers at all, especially components. If you must have rear speakers for 'fill' just get a cheap set of 2-ways but I wouldn't bother, I just rip out the oe ones and leave the rear quarters empty!

RB 182
so if i put a component front, new HU and sub + amp in the boot this would sound ok? as i don't really want 6x9's on the parcel shelf tbh

Nike Lunar Elite's
Rob22 said:
so if i put a component front, new HU and sub + amp in the boot this would sound ok? as i don't really want 6x9's on the parcel shelf tbh

Thats my idea idea of the perfect setup, some people would even argue that you don't need the sub but ^thats^ exactly the setup I have ready to install in my new car!

Rob22 said:

so what u ant im selling. lol;)

just kidding fella,

that would be perfict

Monaro VXR
Pretty much my setup. except my components are amped as well.

Very loud when you want it to be and sounds brilliant.

RB 182
Same here just need to order it all :rasp: . I like my bass though so thought i better whack a sub in there;) . What car you got?

RB 182
Ye i no sorry mofo it wasn't the STUFF i didn't want its just i don't think it would suit my car too well. Probably sounds like im making excuses but i no wot im thinking in my head !:rasp:

Rob22 said:
Ye i no sorry mofo it wasn't the STUFF i didn't want its just i don't think it would suit my car too well. Probably sounds like im making excuses but i no wot im thinking in my head !:rasp:

of course m8, we all have our own tastes, no probs,

i would advis that you go for alpine stuff though,

RB 182
Not a fan of blaupunkt then? ye iv heard their good but there cant b that much in it can there? Will the components sound ok running off the HU then? or u rekon i shuld amp em?

Monaro VXR
How much you got to spend? Or wanting to spend? Id say Alpine headunits are good there amps are good value for money. But there speakers theres better for the money. This includes there subs which are meh. They sound alright until you hear something better basically and then you realise you should have spent those few extra notes on a more expensive sub. The best brands arent always the big known brands keep that in mind.

wozzaa said:
How much you got to spend? Or wanting to spend? Id say Alpine headunits are good there amps are good value for money. But there speakers theres better for the money. This includes there subs which are meh. They sound alright until you hear something better basically and then you realise you should have spent those few extra notes on a more expensive sub. The best brands arent always the big known brands keep that in mind.

i totally agree with every thing you said but stay away from dodgy stuff thats cheap as chips and have crazy ratings like 1200watts rms sub for £20, ;)

also yea amp the components they will sound 10x better but make sure you dont run too much power through them and if your buying new then make sure you run it all in, run my stuff in for 80hours,

RB 182
well MAX budget is 500 quid for
HU
Amp
Sub
Wiring kit
Components
Was originally looking to get Blaupunkt but open to suggestions :approve:

Rob22 said:
well MAX budget is 500 quid for
HU
Amp
Sub
Wiring kit
Components
Was originally looking to get Blaupunkt but open to suggestions :approve:

look on the car audio site, they do some great bargains,

Monaro VXR
The components arent components there just coaxial 2 way systems. Difference being no seperate tweeter.

How about

Headunit: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3823

wiring kit http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...id=204&cadid=cb681602c57ce87acc201adebbdb8cd1

4 channel amp
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4140

Components
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3854

And sub
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2982

Leaving you £30 in which to buy the wood an build a box yourself since you would have had to build the one with the pack anyways. What i would personally buy with that cash. Maybe spend a bit more on the sub though and get something a little more powerful Theres a fairly decent rainbow sub for £150 which is £20 over budget. But id say go for that.

Which is this one
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4374

That is still around £500 and should outperform and sound MUCH better than what your going to buy.

Rob22 said:

head unit and coaxals not bad, dont really rate the sub, i would go for a alpine type r myself or even a jbl gti competition sub.

RB 182