ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing a new steeringwheel

Clio 182 04 reg
Can anyone give me the basics on how to remove the standard steeringwheel and how to install a new one.

Not to sure how i put the new one on. I think i need to pull of the middle bit of the wheel where the airbag is but i don't want to set it off.

If anyone can let me know how to do this, that would be great:lolup:

Regards,

:star: Cliohal:star:

Ad

MK2 FRS
right the basics of what i did

1. Disconnect battery and leave for 30mins.

2. unscrew two torx screws at back of steering wheel.

3. disconnect airbag

4. untighten bolt on steering wheel.

5. bolt new boss kit on.

6 bolt new steering wheel on.

7. connect/wire horn (you dont have to bother with a ph quick)

really simple and straight forward:)

Clio 182 04 reg
Thanks for the repllys peeps. Got my new steering wheel on the car now, looks sweet!

dsc01592to5.jpg

There are torx screws on the back of the steering wheel.

Thanks for the help!

:lolup: Cliohal:lolup:

Clio 182 04 reg
Sorry for the late reply. I got the wheel off of EBAY and it cost me only £30. Bargin! The airbag witres are just in the centre on the steering wheel, fit nice and neat in there.

the silver thing on the dash is a rev gauge and shift that i still need to wire up. I have tried to wire it up to the coil but the reading are all wrong. anyone know, let me know, it is a simple install by the look of it. 3 wires 1 for the signal, one for + and one for -. Just need to know where the signal one goes.

Thanks,

Cliohal;)