ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing a speed camera detector

mk2 172
After recently purchasing a snooper, I was just wondering the best route to take when fitting the 'perminant' power wire?

I am sick of the bungy wire being in the way of my stereo!!

Having just looked at my car, i think the best way (from the cig lighter) is to send it through and behind the passenger footwell, up past the fuse box and up to the base of the a-pillar? then along the the front of the windscreen OR under the plastic insert fan outlet?

Any help or links to some instructions would be great, cheers guys

Stu C

Last edited:
  Ph2 172
I've got to do the same thing for my Road Angel. I was looking at pulling power from the back of the digital clock (or that area), then up the side of the rubber insert for the dash cut out. Have no idea if it's practical though!!!! as i haven't had time to look at it yet.

What I've done in my Williams is install a new cig lighter under the dash running off the main cig lighter - then plugged my Road Angel into that.

That way, you keep the fuse in the RA plug and you don't cut any wires etc..

Lee

BMW M2C
Daz said:
What I've done in my Williams is install a new cig lighter under the dash running off the main cig lighter - then plugged my Road Angel into that.

That way, you keep the fuse in the RA plug and you don't cut any wires etc..

Genius, I'm going to do that for my b2.

I had to solder the dam cig lighter plug today as one of the wires had come off again.

Lee said:
Genius, I'm going to do that for my b2.

I had to solder the dam cig lighter plug today as one of the wires had come off again.

Hehe.

I got one of those Cig lighters with crocodile clips on the end.. cut the clips off, and soldered them into the original cig lighter plug at the back.

Cost like, £4 or something I think.

Here's what I did...

Hard wired the device into the wiring for the cigarette lighter.

here is a pic of what i did (black wires are new wires, and car is an RS-1)

hard_wiring.jpg

well Lee... that black wire ^ ^ is actually the wire for the cigarette socket extension that i bought for £4.99. The other end of the extension is hidded in the depths under the gearstick plastic centre thingamybob somewhere.

Into the extension i have plugged my tomtom Go, which uses the original tomtom fag lead with fuse and inverter. :)

i just thought posting that pic would be useful. I only did it on friday too :D

Lee

BMW M2C
Excellent, similar to how Daz did it then. I'll have to go get me a cable to allow me to do that. I could use my fag lighter to charge my phone and blue tooth headset, but never like unplugging the b2.

Lee, if you have lots of things to charge, why not get a Fag Socket Splitter. This will give you the same effect, but will have 3 sockets on the end instead of 1 which you can still hide away :D

Lee

BMW M2C
I won't bother chopping the end off, I'll just use it as it is. I'll just get the double one. That's enough to cover what I've got in the car. I only ever need a second one if my phone is going flat.

Ordered.:D

Last edited: