ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing cobra frames to seats

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Hi all, bloody carrier company has let me down by supplying my new seats and subframes - only the subframes have arrived! ive started on the passenger seat! and all has gone pretty well..

Just a little concerned now that i will have to take the thing out again to bolt the seat to the frame :S

Im sure i wont have to but as i have no seat LOL i dont know the answer to this!!

Do you normally get fixings to mount the seat to the frame??

Cheers Paul :)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
yes fred normal cobra frames!

thanks ben your a star :star:

Will i get any bloody nuts/bolts do you think????? (i managed to pick up this morning what you two said, for mounting the frames to the car! thanks!!)

If your free this afternoon mate I ve just had a set of Daytonas turn up out of nowhere and im wondering if you could give me a hand to fit them to the Lupo!!!

LOL, bloody post are a nightmare mate, I had a CD turn up last week, it was meant to be someones Christmas present!!!
I hope they turn up Monday mate, i assume you just doing the passengers side subframe for now?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
LOL, bloody post are a nightmare mate, I had a CD turn up last week, it was meant to be someones Christmas present!!!
I hope they turn up Monday mate, i assume you just doing the passengers side subframe for now?

yes..just scared now that ill have to take the thing out again! LOL at least the seats out now! car sounds nicer with one seat LOL

Nah you should be alright, with all that extra space in there now I should get down to Halfords and stock up on autosol!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Nah you should be alright, with all that extra space in there now I should get down to Halfords and stock up on autosol!

i was thinking about setting up my own delivery business for the week! Cobras seat delivery boy LOL anyway thanks for your help guys! hope they arrive - going to wash it now! :approve:

C

Clio_Craig

my advice wud be fit the frames to the seats first, once frames are bolted in its very fiddly to get the seats on

M2 Competition
Fit the frames to the seats first.

Why would you bother fitting the frames without the seats anyway?!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
any news on the seats paul?

im hoping they will be delivered tomorrow - as mark at six one two will need to contact the carrier tomorrow to deliver them (change of address) as im not aloud to change the address as im the customer) they better not go missing :(

Gonna leave a note on my door to tell the carrier to ring my mum so he can drop them off there! (just as another idea)

Other wise Tue when the carrier has been instructed by mark/neil they should deliver them to work!! Lets see what happends!! Bloody carriers!!! i paid extra as well :( :( :(

If you get stuck for a daytime delivery address im in central nottingham and I will be working from home most of early next week so you could always get them dropped here.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
At this rate Paul you'll get them at the same time mine arrive.....and it would be very tough trying to stifle a laugh if i got mine first!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I think we should be expecting them from Monday 18th....maybe earlier if we are lucky.

You may even have yours next week Chris...you ordered before me.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
bet you can't wait to fit them:)

LOL No cant ive already got one frame in LOL dont know really if ill have to take it out again!! im sure ill be there tonight with a torch ! LOL

Bloody carrier wouldnt even carry the seats in said it was health and safety - made my poor neighbour sort and my mum who has a bad back!! what is the world coming too! :(

take the frame out, its only 4 bolts, fit them together and tighten all the bolts. then drop each seat into the car. will make life a lot easier.

iv done seats in the dark before, makes it more fun!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
LOL thanks dave!! torch at the ready! more fun LOL i hope they supply me with some nuts/bolts to mount the seats to the frames! fingers crossed! ill know at dinner! :eek:

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
Mine just turned up! They look great! Shame I can't fit them as I'm going to work in an hour. Hopefully you'll have yours too Ollie!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i almost have x1 in! :eek: two more bolts in the back and it will be in (ran out of time at dinner - so ill be rattling all the way home ;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
u happy with them Paul?

really happy with the seats think they look amazing for the money! i have slightly scrached the frame putting the passenger side in - but it will either Polish out or ill flash it in with some matt black paint! just hope i can get the x2 nuts in the back of the seat (to hold the seat to the frame) with out having to take the bloody frames out again! should be able to - by gir gir gir giggling it a bit LOL ;) will keep you all updated later with pics etc and my progress! drivers seat will be going on on Saturday all being well :approve: sat in it while it was in my front room! felt amazing much more figure hugging then the tredline! ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Bloody hell Chris...that was quicker than expected!

Hopefully mine will appear sometime this week then!

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
Yeah I know! I saw the van come up the drive and I thought it was a bit extreme for my CTR aerial, then he pulled out 2 massive boxes, result! Putting them in in 1/2 hour, just disco'd the battery. With any luck you'll have yours in a couple of days as you ordered them the day after

RallyXmad

ClioSport Club Member
  Cobra'd 172 Cup
What a nightmare! Someone has cut the plug off the bottom of both seats and soldered all the wiring together so I can get the seatbelt clip and tensioner out. Going to have to get some connectors, cut the wires out and re-crimp them.
There is also a little switch pop-riveted onto the inner driver's seat runner. Anyone know what this does?

Thats put me back another day then! At least my CTR aerial turned up

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
^^ its only on the drivers side you need to drill it out! im guessing there isnt any were to mount it on our new frames! so it can just lay under the carpet :approve: i think its something to do with the buzzer when your not wearing your seatbelt! ;) keep me informed...how you get the rivit out! i was just going to drill it out!