ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing new Tweaters in Mk2

Ive got my dunces hat on big time with this question I know, but Ive had a look at the tweater holes on my dash, and do I have to remove the dash to get to the tweaters, as the grill does not appear to pop off. Is there some kind of knack to this, or do I have to remove the dash???

take dash off, its only about 7 screws and bit of hassle

or if u want a proper job mount them as low as possible in the kickwell near your midbass but not infront of the midbass,

better soundstage

Tom

I looked at the article on removing the dash, but have a different glove box to what they show in that, but Im hoping that just means that I dont have to worry about those screws... :D

I reckon Ill just take the Dash off, put the tweaters at the in the grills and see how it sounds... Hey didnt have much planned for this weekend anyway... :D

'18 Megane dci

The tweeter covers need to be twisted either clockwise or anti-clockwise before any pulling off is commenced, hard to get a grip to twist but they do pop off fairly easily when they have been turned the right way. Think of them like a lid on a child proof paracetmol container (without the arrow).

Well now Ive got the cable to connect up my head-up display and steering wheel remote, Ill prob take the dash off anyway, as I need to to connect that up the the display...

Thanks for the tip though, they look like they should come off, but didnte wanna break them, or scratch the interior....