ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 182
Great video, sounds and looks like it's bouncing around a lot loosing traction? What settings are the dampers on?
Cheers. Yeah, it sounds worse than it is but still fiddling to get it setup - front and rear were at full for that run.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Cheers. Yeah, it sounds worse than it is but still fiddling to get it setup - front and rear were at full for that run.

You've got a reference now though so a few clicks back at a time now and you'll be sorted. Looks very quick though and once set up will be a monster.

What tracks will it be attending?

Clio Sport 182
You've got a reference now though so a few clicks back at a time now and you'll be sorted. Looks very quick though and once set up will be a monster.

What tracks will it be attending?
We only have 2 tracks in Sydney! Intend to try my hand at Phillip Island again as well although that's a 22 hour investment to travel there and back!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Awesomely awesome :up::up: Love all the hop up parts! :smilingimp:

Clio Sport 182
Nice on track pic. Can't wait to get back out, unfortunately not for a month as I'm heading to your country!
0eb382ca8fc1b1e4951cd5a8ff880c4b.jpg

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Don't suppose you have any more pics with the black plastic arch extension? Close up would be nice :cool:

Clio Sport 182
PMS strengthened beam along with their upgraded stub axle kit with larger bearings and ARB. On track next weekend....
bbd8518571e3b380fac99df20ec2b408.jpg
6033bdb82db47be67c61cffdac2c4d73.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
What a build, love to see something different :)

What's your day job out of interest as you're clearly good with a spanner!

Clio Sport 182
What a build, love to see something different :)

What's your day job out of interest as you're clearly good with a spanner!
Cheers!

Work in finance so not much overlap there! Always been mechanically inclined and I figure if someone else can do it why can't I!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just read all of this. What a build!
400hp must be lots of fun. Subscribed for any updates

Clio Sport 182
Rear beam installed along with PMS arb and upgraded stub axle/disc/bearing kit. Also through some Hankook Z221's on the front - great tyre for sure, every bit as good as the DZ03.

Got out to Wakefield again - managed to find myself facing the wrong direction a couple of times with the new found rear stiffness - time for some semi's on the back. Improved best lap by 0.6 seconds, albeit an average looking lap

Oh, and e85 is terrible for cold starting at -7.5 deg celcius (yes, it get's that cold in the high country a couple of hours south of Sydney where Wakefield Park is).

Attachments

• 20170624_134509.jpg
    20170624_134509.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 20170624_134519.jpg
    20170624_134519.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 462
  • 20170625_113809.jpg
    20170625_113809.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 479
  Clio Sport 182
I didn't think you need a rear ARB if you strengthened the rear beam ?
Probably is on a normal Clio but this car is significant wider and running on 255's which can chew standard wheel bearings in a day or two - there is a lot of twisting force there - in saying that it is stiff! Think grippy rubber on the back will be just right - only one way to find out!

Have always had in mind that an independent rear would be cool like on the real s1600. Bit of a job to make (and get right!) though.

182 Turbo
Great build! ive had a fair few clios in my time and im currently on my second turbo, first one was dyno'd at 265 bhp and i always thought anything north of 320 bhp, even at the fly to be almost useless.
Kinda like this -

But it seems you've done a fair bit of compensating for the extra power and the boost seems very progressive, if you ever find yourself at brands hatch would love for you to give us some forewarning as i live 10 minutes from there and would love to see this on track!

Clio Sport 182
Great build! ive had a fair few clios in my time and im currently on my second turbo, first one was dyno'd at 265 bhp and i always thought anything north of 320 bhp, even at the fly to be almost useless.
Kinda like this -

But it seems you've done a fair bit of compensating for the extra power and the boost seems very progressive, if you ever find yourself at brands hatch would love for you to give us some forewarning as i live 10 minutes from there and would love to see this on track!
Cheers! Yeah, setup is crucial. Boost by gear & throttle position, wide rubber, lsd etc all bring it together. That car in the vid looks aweful to drive (not to mention the drivers poor handwork!). Unfortunately the car is in Australia so little chance of making it out to any UK tracks.

Clio Sport 182
Manifold competed. As with so many things on this car got lucky with space and turbo fits perfectly. Next, weld new intake and exhaust pipes, make up water, oil and breather lines, relocate expansion and breather tanks.
46a49bbbd47badf2a1d0fd45692195fe.jpg

172 Phase 2
Had a sneaky look at this thing when i met up with Matt to pick up a few goodies, pictures don't do it justice to how wide the thing is. Very impressive mate keen to see more

Clio Sport 182
Turbo upgade finished. Now running a twin scroll borg warner efr 7163. Good for up to 600hp all in such a tiny responsive package.
20170903_102244.jpg

Along with the manifold I welded up a new 3" stainless exhaust

20170902_180246.jpg

Took it for tuning. First problem was the wastegate not allowing enough boost even with the control solenoid at 100%! So upgraded to a turbosmart dual port wastegate actuator. Has assisted but still losing a lot of boost up high. Tuner thinks it's somewhere in the intake, possibly the recirc valve. Have ordered a turbosmart upgrade unit. If that is not successful then will start measuring boost at various points on the intake to see if anything is holding me back. Still made over 400hp atw and a crazy amount of torque (395 v 339 ftlb). In any case there is a heap more power between 3 and 6k now - e.g. up 65hp at 4.5k. Once we get the boost to hold that torque curve will flatten and power at 7k should be high 400's hp atw! On track next Wednesday so will see how it feels then. Also have a pretty exciting package enroute form the Netherlands.....

20170913_121103.jpg
20170913_121148.jpg