ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
How did I miss this. That's an absolute engineering master piece. The amount of work and detail is amazing. Hats off to you mate. That really goes like a missile.

Clio Sport 182
Engine bay tarted up and ready for the track on Wednesday. Installed the turbosmart recirculation valve (can also see the turbosmart dual port wastegate actuator in the pic). Also had a small oil leak on the turbo oil return to seal and a couple of other little fixes. Love the colour the stainless on the turbine housing and dump goes with a bit of heat. Have also added semis to the rear where I had been trying to avoid too much grip being on 255's - with the stiffer rear beam they are now necessary. Keen to see how it goes.
f97942653162147364d151c8f8c7a5e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

windle

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9 Gt, 182 Toy
fair play to you! bet that is an animal. I have also built a meganed engined clio, now on its 2nd gen with a 250 engine but only running 312bhp and that feels fast so cant imagine what yours goes like!!

well done that man!

gofaster

ClioSport Club Member
  Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
Respect on the build. Awesome.
Have you given thought to an airbox to prevent the filter sucking any hot engine bay air?
There is heaps of room in the LF corner.

Clio Sport 182
Respect on the build. Awesome.
Have you given thought to an airbox to prevent the filter sucking any hot engine bay air?
There is heaps of room in the LF corner.
Cheers! Intake temps on my logging are low - the headlight intake provides plenty of cool air flow. I may at some stage but not a priority. I did just install a quality intercooler so hopefully solves my boost dropoff at high rpm. Should be on track this weekend to see...

Clio Sport 182
Was getting some fuel surge below 50% last time out - even with an upgraged lift pump and 1.5l surge tank! So, I have upgraded the in tank lift pump to the biggest one I could get - a Walbro 450 which are E85 approved. I also put a 4.5l under car surge tank on. The Walbro 450 is a beast filling the new surge in about 40 seconds! Still running the deatschwerks 350 as the my main pump. Fingers crossed this combo solves my issues .....
fb900373cd71a967c8b6d94f4cac5a11.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 182
Looks awesome. Do the BYC wings make much difference? I know the civic boys seem to think they do
Cheers. Only reference I have is that without it and only the front splitter it would get a little light in the rear and now it does not so would seem so. It's a nice bit of kit.

Clio Sport 182
If you get a wing then yes, I'd recommend but there are a heap of other mods I'd do before this.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Engine bay tarted up and ready for the track on Wednesday. Installed the turbosmart recirculation valve (can also see the turbosmart dual port wastegate actuator in the pic). Also had a small oil leak on the turbo oil return to seal and a couple of other little fixes. Love the colour the stainless on the turbine housing and dump goes with a bit of heat. Have also added semis to the rear where I had been trying to avoid too much grip being on 255's - with the stiffer rear beam they are now necessary. Keen to see how it goes. View attachment 1335514

Looks like the same work that clioturbo used to do !

Clio Sport 182
Managed to get the car re-tuned with the 4 port solenoid and 2 port actuator. Can now hold 21psi through redline delivering around 460hp at the wheels. That is now officially enough, mainly to avoid it self destructing (or prolonging the time before it does at least!). On track next Friday for a shakedown.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think this is the first build on here that I've looked at and gone "WOW" through to "WTF has happened there?" (the one where you added the front splitter) and then back to "WOW" again!

Epic build, with equally epic attention to detail and commitment from yourself. :cool:

Clio Sport 182
After waiting 8 frustrating months for active suspension from Tractive I cancelled the order and went with 5300's from AST - manufactured and delivered in under a month! Should have just gone this way from the start! The 5100's that are currenty on the car will find their way onto another project.....
98ee42009eb9cab3e55d015d4c94dca7.jpg

Clio Sport 182
Been a while, have been building a full NA car for improved production racing.

Engine in the missile decided to eat itself (my fault - aux belt went under cam belt and we all know the rest - best one I've seen - 16 valves, 2 pistons and 1 bore scored!!).

So, here is what's next - K24 (test fitted in my NA car). Will take some time to complete.....
3bc9283a4cd172338050ba9ccfbf395b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

172 sport
Ha thought it was but couldn’t quite make the logo out.The 9 x 17” wheels did they give you the overall wide track or did you need to alter the hubs or bottom arms etc?

Clio Sport 182
Ha thought it was but couldn’t quite make the logo out.The 9 x 17” wheels did they give you the overall wide track or did you need to alter the hubs or bottom arms etc?
Bit of both. Big spacers on the rear beam and wider lower ball joints on the front plus the wider, lower offset wheels.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk