ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

installing rev counter

'95 Clio Oasis
hey, my old skool clio has no rev counter but i was wondering if would be possible to wire up a dial set from another mk1 clio that does have a rev counter on it?
also would the temp gauge etc on the new dial set work or would that also require wiring??

has anyone done this or know if its possible and if it is how hard is it to do?

Thanks

Renaultsport Clio 197 R27
hey i had 94 clio with just the speedo and petrol bit and i went and brought a new speedo with rev counter temp and oil pressure and all you do is plug the new 1 in job done that easy hope it helps

'95 Clio Oasis
nice, thanks alot mate. i thought it would be some monstrous job.
what do i do about the mileage though? cos my car has done roughly 62K but a different set of dials would say the mileage from that car. can you easily change it?

Thanks again

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio 197 R27
i'm not to sure but i think you can just turn them round if you take the plastic cover off but not sure how you do that but good luck

'95 Clio Oasis
yea i had the dash of my car out the other day and it looks as if you could i just didnt try it.

will update when i have sorted it

when you switch it make a note of both of the milage readings. so say you got the clock on 62k and you buy a clock with 80k and if you say go to sell the car at 84k you can show the cars only on 66k really but its a different dial set if you get me

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
wont the mileage be stored on the ECU or the UCH? not in the actual dial unit?

edit. never mind. i thought it was a mk2.

BMW M135i
They don't always just work plugging the RT dial set in, sometimes you need to run an extra wire from the coil its no big deal either tbh.