ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

instead of a subwoofer

A3 Tdi
Hi guys,
Basickly i want the similar bass from a sub but dont want to loose the boot..!
So iv come accross these which i am thinking of installing on my stealth shelf and amp them along with my front infinity componets, and play my tuuunes through my alpine headunit :)

But what i want to know is if any of you have had any experiences with these and also if you think they will provide sufficient bass and general sound quality.

So tell me what ya think and any other options i should consider.

Cheers, Tom

what about a slimline sub? I have the alpine one and its pretty good, it won't shake the windows out, but its loud enough.

I have fitted mine behind my passenger seat, though I'm pretty sure it fits under a Clio seat

172 ff for sale
get some good 6x9s mate i have some cerwin vega and there good also gives me some bass, the sub your looking at is over priced for that make and inch

A3 Tdi
wow thanks for the fast replys!

Justin
well a slim sub does sound like a good option, possible this
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/1538.html
just trying to get my head around the idea that a smaller and slim sub will still provide good bass.

Hey_Ladys
Well i have got these 6x9s on a stealth shelf now, so im not sure weather to buy a sub or amp these and my front components, would you mind posting up your set up (6x9s, amp, front comps)

cheers guys

Tom

TBH, it depends on just 'how much' bass you are after. It wont compete with the big twin 12" set ups, but just gives your standard system a better sound.

I've never really wanted a bigger sub.

Or you could get 2, one under each seat ;)

A3 Tdi
:eek: ha
well im by no means a "base head" but im really just after sound quality and a little bita omphh! so i a slim sub sounds like a winner at the moment :approve:

new slim line sub's by rockford well priced. take you 6x9's out no need. a decent set of comp's up front amp'd. try not going for an active sub.

mx

A3 Tdi
u are aware that is 200W right?

my grandma farting will push out more bass than that

so what sort of watts should i be looking at, im not after a somthing thats guna shake my car to peices just somthing thats guna add a bit of base

clio dci

Keano my dear friend, you are misleaden in the way of the watt! i had a 300w 15'' sub that made the bootlid flex about a 1/4 inch!

those spl dynamic subs are good but made for more upfront application and midbass, but amped in small boxes would be just what you after i think!

vaux cavalier
6*9's are ponce, no one on her rates them at all. A decent set of round speakers will be better.

^^^I rate them, when installed correctly & used as intended they are almost unbeatable^^^

get some good 6x9s mate i have some cerwin vega and there good also gives me some bass, the sub your looking at is over priced for that make and inch

^^^The speakers linked to in the first post are 8" mids, not subs^^^

what about a slimline sub? I have the alpine one and its pretty good, it won't shake the windows out, but its loud enough.

I have fitted mine behind my passenger seat, though I'm pretty sure it fits under a Clio seat

^^^Probably the best option^^^

6x9's suck

^^^When installed & used incorrectly^^^

^^^Priceless statement....These units are designed around sensitivity & efficiency, it will play much louder than its specs would suggest^^^

200W will be fine, 1000W installs are chavvy and sound crap when all you hear is rattle rattle rattle

^^^Don't agree big systems are 'chavvy', but they do sound crap if they promote rattles everywhere^^^

I would go with a small 2ch amp to drive the front components & an active sub to supply the low end...

Spend a few hours sorting the front doors with deadening and MDF baffles for the mids, this will allow the front mids to play fairly low and give good strong punchy mid-bass, this coupled with the 'active' sub should produce a fairly warm overall sound that will surprise quite a few people.....Tweeter placement will allow you to adjust your soundstage to suit your own taste, or simply opt for stock factory locations.....

A3 Tdi
cheers guys, iv made the decision to buy the active sub, replace the rear speakers with other components and use baffels! Thanks again!
:) :)