ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Instrument cluster urgent help please

clio 1.6 16v
hi all, i bought a 03 plate clio off a woman on ebay, she described it as having a misfire, its was an auto and only done just over 50k, i agreed 400 and went to pick it up, the car was a little flat so i jumped it off my car, but i noticed that the mileage display along with the auto display and rev counter, fuel gause and temp gauge wernt working, she swore blind that they were working and being a little old lady had no reason to not belive her, i have taken the panel out and all connections are ok so its not those, has anyone got any ideas what it could be, it also coded for a speed sensor and random misfire, ~??

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Start with simple checks such as fuses and earth's but it sounds Comms related to me

clio 1.6 16v
Ah sorry i forgot to say i checked all the fuses, where would i check for an earth fault ?, just hope i dont have to get a new cluster as its only done 50k and wont find one with that sort of mileage on it

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So buy a used one and pay to have the mileage change to show the actual mileage... it's only fraud if you try to sell a car with less mileage than its actually done.

clio 1.6 16v
A friend has got a spare cluster but its out of a manual, will it fit the connectors in a auto ?