ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Instrument Cluster Wiring (Mk2 Ph1 1.2 16v)

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 16v
I discovered this witchcraft hidden beneath/hotwired into my speedo yesterday.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure that wires aren't supposed to go straight into the speedo assembly through a gap at the bottom. After disconnecting it cluster.exe stopped responding so I think the red and black wires have been pilfered from the loom/main connectors somewhere.

NOW FOR THE MAIN QUESTION

Where should the ground and positive wires for the clocks actually live?? Atm I'm thinking they belong in the orange connector but I have no idea which pins. Bonus points if you know what this box is and can confirm i'm not being tracked by MI5 or Aliens.

The big blue thing is a relay of some kind - there's a 5v version also:

Other than that, I am no use here whatsoever :p

Can you trace where all the wires go?

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 16v
The big blue thing is a relay of some kind - there's a 5v version also:

Other than that, I am no use here whatsoever :p

Can you trace where all the wires go?

Well at least i can rule out aliens :D The earth seems like it belongs there (although the ring connector reeks of Halfrauds) and the positive disappears somewhere into dashboard removal land.

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 16v
Minor update: I found out that the thing was wired into the radio using electrical tape for whatever reason:

Bought a new instrument cluster and it's absolutely unresponsive. I swear I am going to John Wick all the previous owners of this car...

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 16v
Minor update 2: I've found a wire coming out of the fusebox that's been blocked off with some electrical tape. It looks like it used to be red so I think that's the power wire for the clocks and I now need to extend it. In the process of ripping out the dash. Wish me luck!