ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance advice

3 weeks ago I was involved in an accident on the M1 north bound (not my fault might i add). This has resulted in the possibilty of my Clio sport 2003 model being wrote off! Does any 1 know how the insurance works out the value of the car (how much I should get).

I have looked on Autotrader and I can get roughly the same car for £7500 - £9000 private.

But on Parkers they value the car at £8430 private and £10610 at a franchised dealer.

Hard to know really - they usually seem to operate from some mystery price guide that bears no relation to the real world! lol

Might just have to sit and wait for the call/letter - don't accept straight away, sit and work it through as they will usually shift a bit upwards... ;)

They will make an offer which will always be lower than what the car is worth. Refuse first offer and if necessary, send adverts for similarly specced, aged etc car as yours.

ALWAYS refuse first offer! if you have pic of pre accident condition and a doccumented service history this also helps your cause to get that extra few quid.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Gap insurance is not bad for £400...I know it only covers write off for first 3 years of car's life, but I'd rather get £12K than £6.5-7K!

Even then, the insurers don't wanna pay!!!

Good luck with the offer(s).

Donny