ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance (again lol) (1.2 16v)

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Who are u insured with for ur mk2 1.2 16vs?? My free insce doesnt run out for a couple of mths, but doing some quotes now... I have 2 yr ncb spare from a policy that ran out on my old car (valid for 2 yrs) so will have that for the new car... Ill be insuring myself (21 y/o), and my bf (21y/o also). Low crime area etc... My Williams is insured for both of us (fully comp, mods declared - decat, filter) for £700... std it would have been about £630.. thats with 3 yr ncb..

Why though do initial quotes through confused come out as £500?? Surely a Dynamique 1.2 should be MUCH cheaper than a Williams???

your valver will be worth more but being a women helps. Youll probably pay about the same I think. wont you have 3yrs including the free insurance? I am in the same situation this march. i have 2yrs from my previous insurance and the free insurance overlaped by 3 months so i dont know how many ive got! mines a bigger engine too so it doesnt look good for me. The salesman was trying to sell me the 1.6 16v but that would have cost a small fortune on insurance.

Laguna 2, Westfield

If you have seperate NCB from a policy before, and then have free insurance on a car you cant add them together when the free ins runs out, my mate was caught out like this. You will only have two max.

i would suggest that insurance through renault would be cheaper than anywhere else as they honour one years no claims on the free insurance as full ncb (40% from memory) they wont give you a renewal quote until one month before though. Other than that i found direct line cheapest

I get the most ridiculous quotes from Confused.com on any car I try, a good 50% higher (at least) than going to places like Elephant or Direct Line individually.

i pay 330 for 1.2 16v, fully comp. iv got six years no claims, im 24, really bad area.

actually im just goin to pop me slippers on and make sure its still there!

£630 sounds about right I pay £880 for myself with 1yrs NCB and 1 crash last yr to my name and I live in a good location. Im 21 BTW. Try without your bf of the insuracne quotes as he maybe increasing the price.

The Williams will be cheaper to insure as its a cheaper car plus Im guessing that owners of new 1.2 16V crash more than Williams drivers which helps keep cover cost for the Williams down as even though its a high performance car there are less claims. If no one claimed who drove 172 then insurance costs on them would drop.

Have you tried asking about a joint policy which maybe cheape than 2 seperate policies.

You may have probelms with having 2 seperate insuracne policies if you claim then try and use your NCB. I th9ink there a law about more than one insurance policy at once.

EDD

Laguna 2, Westfield

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 29 December 2003

The Williams will be cheaper to insure as its a cheaper car plus Im guessing that owners of new 1.2 16V crash more than Williams drivers which helps keep cover cost for the Williams down as even though its a high performance car there are less claims. If no one claimed who drove 172 then insurance costs on them would drop.

You may have probelms with having 2 seperate insuracne policies if you claim then try and use your NCB. I th9ink there a law about more than one insurance policy at once.

EDD
You can have as many insurance policies as you like, but only use your ncb on one of them.

Louise will have the Williams insured - 3yrs ncb, and the 1.2 insured with another 2 yrs ncb built up from another previous car ) or use the 1yrs from renaults free insurance.

I dont know why you think the williams will be cheaper to insure than the 1.2, group 17 vs group 5 :-s

As to taking the boyfriend off (me;)) the Williams insurance is less when im added lol tells you blokes are better drivers :D

Quote: Originally posted by MarkRS on 29 December 2003

You can have as many insurance policies as you like, but only use your ncb on one of them.

Louise will have the Williams insured - 3yrs ncb, and the 1.2 insured with another 2 yrs ncb built up from another previous car ) or use the 1yrs from renaults free insurance.

I dont know why you think the williams will be cheaper to insure than the 1.2, group 17 vs group 5 :-s

As to taking the boyfriend off (me;)) the Williams insurance is less when im added lol tells you blokes are better drivers :D

I knew there was something about having more than one policy that was illegal Couldnt remember what though. Im not sure that soem insurance companies will accept the yrs Renault no cliams though as I heard of problems with no claims built up on free policies.

I dont think the Williams will be cheaper but the difference wont be as big as you may think as the Williams is an older car whose drivers take more care of them so there less claims than young people in 1.2 etc. Insuracne qotes are based on the history of the car as well as the age of the driver. A car which has a lower amout of claims will get a lower insurance quote. Also new cars will usually do more miles than classic ssuch as the Williams. If the car dont move the policy is unlikly to be claimed.

EDD

18 with pass plus(1 year ncb pretty much) is £700 with mods declared!! thats TPF&T with norwich union.. thats on a 1.2 btw :S

24 and 5 years NCB and mines due in a week, Direct Line have weighed in best at 330, Elephant were within a couple of quid of that quote too, Tesco and Eagle Star both weighed in at just over 360 whilst more than who im with have quoted me 410. All these quotes are protected no claims and legal cover included

Quote: Originally posted by MarkRS on 29 December 2003

If you have seperate NCB from a policy before, and then have free insurance on a car you cant add them together when the free ins runs out, my mate was caught out like this. You will only have two max.
how tight! they even told me that i would have 4yrs after the free insurance the lying gits.