ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance claims

Basically this idiot crashed into my parked car (my girlfriends nextdoor neighbour actually..) He drove off didnt tell me it was him, but i knew it was him coz he left his mark on my car and his mark up (evidence) his driveway gate. I took photos and all that reported it to police etc he has admitted it to police. My insurance co are holding back 2 years ncb till things are sorted so my insurance has gone up... Why is it taking so long this happened in may and i still havent heard anything i want to here and am still paying extra insurance costs. Has this happended to anyone? how long does this all take? it was clearly not my fault and he has admitted it so whats the hold up?? I want my 4 years ncb but now ive only got 2 years i am paying over a grand at the mo and my money is running out!!!!!!!

320d M Sport

Hi mate, I work as an insurance claims handler so all shall be revealed!!!

Basically although your clearly not at fault both parties automatically have 2yrs NCD suspended temporarily. If he has formally admitted liabilty-ie his INSURERS are willing to accept it was indeed their client who caused the accident youre a better position to reclaim your NCD. If you are claiming through your own policy your own insurance co. normally will suspend your bonus until they have reclaimed their outlay-so when they get their money theyve spent to fix your car basically (theyll claim it from the Third Party Insurers after youre car is fixed). You can decide to leave your own insurance out of it altogether (or u may be TPFT/TPO) and use your legal cover to claim directly from the Thid Party insurance, but this takes longer for sure. The benefits of this are that you dont have a policy excess to pay, and youre bonus wont be suspended IF you get a letter from the Third Party Insurers admitting liability for the accident (forward it to your own insurance co and get them to re-instate your bonus).

Best thing you can do is get a letter from HIS insurance company, send i you yours and politely mention to them that if your NCD isnt re-instated then youll go to the Ombudsman and sing like a canary.... Oh, and whatever extra you pay on your insurance you can claim back as part as your claim, so in the end your cars fixed, youre not out of pocket and youve still got youre bonus...while that muppett hasnt.

The police should be considering doing this guy for leaving scene of an accident also.

Hope this helps you out, let me know how u get on!

Phew!!

Paddy

Cheers for that i was only tpft at the time so its going through that legal cover policy which is available, but thy still have held back the 2 years! Gonna phone my insurance co and see what they say, also the police only gave me his name and address and his reg is that all i needed? i havent recieved any letters from his insurers nor do i know who is co is does that legal cover find all things like that out??

320d M Sport

Yep. Bascially whoever youre broker is will do everything for you, they can contact the police and pay for a report which will have all detials included, the police arent gonna give you his full details, is the guy deffo insured? What does the guy have to say about all this? Getting your ncd back is pretty easy if you can get something in writing to show th TPs at fault.

Paddy

The person who called all this agro has never once spoken to me when he hit my car he drove off (left the scene) when i descovered the mess like i said he left all this evidence behind and because his parents lived next door to where my girlfriend lives the old man came out and admitted ALL responsibility and said if i get a quote they will pay, which never happened. Its a right horrible and unnecessary situation that he has caused... I reported it to the police anyway explaining that they were gonna pay, and for ages the police didnt catch up with him but when they did he apparently admitted it all, if he didnt have insurance would i have not heard about that buy now? wouldnt my insurance co no this and tell me? He has never once spoken to me or even sayed sorry it seems as if they trying to make it as hard for me as possible!!!!!!!!!!!! How do i get a letter from his insurers with his confession? or even though the police have done there bit could i get some report with his confession on it that i could forward to my insurers myself so i can have my ncb back? i appreciate all your advice and help.

Rob .

GR7

Shiny red R32

Rob

Did you not exchange names of each others insurance companies at the time of the incident? If you know the name of his insurer, couldnt you phone them up, give the guys name and tell them the date of the incident and you could possibly check whether or not the guy who hit your car had reported the incident to his insurers.

GR7

Shiny red R32

PS Rob, I dont know whether or not his insurer will even admit liability! You know what they are like! Paddy will know what their procedure is. I actually know of a similar claim which has been ongoing since the first weekend in April and the pub landlord who pulled out into a main road and hit someone I know, has just been sent a letter from their legal dept lawyer asking for the £740 to get the car fixed, as, although at the time of the incident he admitted it was his fault, later that day he had another accident where he drove into a concrete pillar, and as he couldnt claim twice in the one day, he tried to blame the guy he hit in the first accident and if he doesnt pay up, it will go to Court.

This has been from April so far, so there is still time to sort yours out Rob.

We didnt exchange details because he left the scene of the accident thats why the police got involved when they caught up with him they said, whatever to him i dont know.... but the only details the police gave me was his name and address which i beleive my insurance company already knew through the legal cover policy they do. All the info i had on the t**t was the make and reg of the car which i gave to my brokers they said thats all i needed for the legal cover...:confused::mad: