ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance company Consistency

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Its Laughable at best.

28 Years Old
Full NCD (5 Years +)
One SP30 in 2006

Tescos - £1041.00 (Who i am currently with and will no longer insure me unless i have a tracker fitted, unless I take this renewal)
Direct Line - £495.00
Norwich union £795.00

These were without Decalring Mods (KW Coilovers / Air Filter)

Keith Michels - £500 FC With protected NCD + Mods Like for Like
Noel Dazliy - £ Awaiting Quote
A Plan £ Just left a message for me to call them back

I View all insurance companys with a fairly large amount of sceptisism but I find it Bizzar that the range of quotes is so wide.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
yeh pretty good quote with them. if your car is modded its cheaper! adding alloys and an induction kit dropped my premium from 5k to 2.3k lol

Storm Grey 200
It varies so much, one person gets a great quote with a company, but another person may not, so the try this company they gave me a good quote often doesnt work out

Clio 172
With insurance there are so many factors which come into play, the prices will vary because each company has a different stance on what are the best 'risks' as such, so you'll find one at £500 and another at £2000, you just really have to do your shopping,

As said above the rule of one company being better for everyone isn't always right, it's more down to the area, as that company obviously rates it as good, but in your area could be bad.

I think its ridiculous...
Before my clio, i had a modded Punto Mk1... With my dad as the main driver, it was £620 last year with BDML. I have now swapped that for my 2003 Clio 1.1 16v, and i couldnt believe their renewal price (bear in mind the clio was standard at that time)... £1500..
So from a modded up Punto, to a standard Clio, it has more than doubled the premium.!
Hmm, sack that! Im with Admiral now, on my own policy!

Ph1 172
Check out Bell Insurance, they are part of Admiral but worked about £200 cheaper than any other quote i got.

Also adding a female named driver will lower your premium too.