ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Database

2010 Jetta TDi 140
I have just tried to get a new quote for my 2004 172.

The insurance database brings my reg number up as a 182 instead of a 172. The car was registered on 05/03/2004 and is definately a 172 as it has a spare wheel and a single exhaust.

How can I get this amended on the insurers system? The price as a 182 is £760 and when they manually amend it to a 172 it goes up to £1450!! I thought this should work the other way round.

My current insurance company is Esure, they manually amended it for last year and the price remained the same.

Thanks,

Chris.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Just call them up with the reference number and correct them and pay over the phone. Make sure your V5 is correct as well.

2010 Jetta TDi 140
The V5 doesn't state 172 or 182, just Renault Sport Clio 2.0. I did call them, that's when it doubled in price to insure a cheaper model!