ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance fronting

Clio Sport 172
Since i started dricing i have paid my own insurance, and got my own no claims etc but a friend of mine drives arround in a scooby sti, it annoys me because i cant insure a car like this at the moment but the car is in his dads name along with the insurance... any investigation after a crash would fail to get him in trouble because who knows he does more miles in his dads car than what his dad does himself. and whats more is he is also earning his no claims as he is with direct line.... what are your thoughts on this.... he claims he does it this way because otherwise he would be driving a 1.2 corsa..

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Do it the normal...SLOW way, build up your no claims...it will be better in the long run

Evo 8 MR
That would only come into play if there was an accident and the claims went into a silly amount of money, that's when they send out the investigators to try and find a loop hole to get out of it.

There is also a catch with Direct Line, they don't insure any mods until you're 25 and even then you are limited to just alloy wheels and a stereo.

Other than that just man up and get on with it tbh. He's probably bored of putting fuel in it all the time anyway by now.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
named driver bonus will only work if he stays with the primary company.

fronting happens all the friggin time and id like to see an insurance company prove whot he main driver is.

MR2 Mk1.5
how about 10mnth bonus accelerators?

Mixed opinions on these with insurers.

Officially only a full 12 month policy accrues NCB. The companies that offer the 10 month policies claim that the NCB they offer is valid with all insurers, it is not. It is valid with some, my company can usually expect them but just be careful with them.