ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance gone up by £30 per month !

MKIII 138

hi as some of you might know i moved into my new house this weekend. I had to amend the details on my Direct Line insurance policy and due to a.) the area i live in now (which btw isnt bad as its quite far away from the place its been bracketed in) and b.) not keeping the car in a garage and on the street my insurance has jumped from £74 per month to £105 per month !!!! feck im trying really hard to budget in my new home..

thing is im 26, has full no claims, never crashed or had a speeding ticket. i drive a MKII172 btw.

all i have is no claims protection on it.

looks like that increase combined with loan and fuel costs mean im gonna have to sell the clio :(.

Is there anywhere that would give me a lower rate than that, im not sure if direct line are the cheapest. maybe there is somewhere that doesnt hit you hard for the area you live in. gutted.

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

It is a bummer aint it, my insurance is almost double than that of a post code 10 mins away! In the last 2 years it hasnt had so much of a scratch on it. Anyhow I cant complain as my new quote starting is down from £150 a month to £61 (had a crash in January last year an has been sky high)

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 31 January 2005

oops i was only paying 610 with direct line at 24 with 3 points and 4 years ncb but thats in york
yea but i work in york and theres more chance of it getting nicked by some chavs than where i live now. i work at the hospital and where i leave my car is rife with it. yorks not exactly upper class these days in a lot of areas its probably just that the insurance companies arent up with what its like these days.

my previous home is only 5mins from my new one. stupid.

CLIO

ive just gone with adrian flux mate,direct line quoted me 1033 quid a year im 28 with 11 years ncb and i had been with them for 5 years....adrian flux want 730 quid including my suspension mod etc.....give em a call mate on 08700 777 888....cheers james

where bouts you live then ??

around by the hospital is near kingsway the groves etc etc i wouldnt even want to go there lol

Have you tried another insurance company??? Is there long left on your policy? It may be worth while you have full no claims writing off whats left of this years policy and starting a new3 one

Try Cliosport/Greenlight Insurance...08707 535455 / 01277 263030

Im paying £950 full comp on the Willy...22/1 years NCD and I live in Croydon, which afaik is quite a high on the insurance chart for locations...

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 31 January 2005

hi as some of you might know i moved into my new house this weekend. I had to amend the details on my Direct Line insurance policy and due to a.) the area i live in now (which btw isnt bad as its quite far away from the place its been bracketed in) and b.) not keeping the car in a garage and on the street my insurance has jumped from £74 per month to £105 per month !!!! feck im trying really hard to budget in my new home..

thing is im 26, has full no claims, never crashed or had a speeding ticket. i drive a MKII172 btw.

all i have is no claims protection on it.

looks like that increase combined with loan and fuel costs mean im gonna have to sell the clio :(.

Is there anywhere that would give me a lower rate than that, im not sure if direct line are the cheapest. maybe there is somewhere that doesnt hit you hard for the area you live in. gutted.

Hey Megger..................I dont care where you live thats one he11 of a lot of money at your age.................I recon even living in Bosnia you should be able to cut that in half................you need to hit the phone or http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com ;)

Cya Stu

Audi RS4

confused is a good idea.Got mine through them-AXA insure me.29 10 years ncb £589 fully comp.Think most expensive was direct line at 1900 or summat!!!!:eek:

Yep.............and there are guys on here who are 26/27 and only paying £600/£700 for a V6 eh :cool:

I got mine thro confused aswell............Quote A Car :D

Cya Stu

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

i pay £1250 i think on a 182 and i am 24 and it is garaged.

insurance is a rip off you could live in the best area in the UK pay the lowest and then go out and park in the worst area 5 days a week 8 hours a day

CLIO

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 31 January 2005

adrian flux are to be avoided imho
why to be avoided then???i got legal cover and most mods you dont need to pay for only admin fees???sounds good to me mate

MKIII 138

thanx for all your advise.. adrian flux sounds ok so does searching on confused.com for the best rates im gonna sort it all out this weekend and il tell ya how much i hopefully save ! also sorting my loan out im paying out £240 month on that but im gonna takeout another loan over 4yrs to pay this one off early (only got 7k left to pay) should go down to around £155 if i sort both of them out i can keep the 172 for longer yay !

one again thanks for the help.. it seems most people i talk to say direct line are expensive.

(Mcbunny i live on the edge of Selby york side and its not bad at all compared to some places in york or especially some places in leeds i.e gipton, compton, harehills, chapel town etc..) no gun crime to speak of and you never hear of muggings or rape. Its only a small town and everyone generally knows the people who theif/damage things, report them ? nah just go round with a Bat.

not me though ;)

Im not looking forward to this, got to change my insurance from living in a country house in a very nice village 10 miles out of the city, to parked in an apartment block car park (even though it has a 24 hour guard and fences etc) right in the centre of the city!

Uh-oh...

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by FN04 XZE on 02 February 2005

Im not looking forward to this, got to change my insurance from living in a country house in a very nice village 10 miles out of the city, to parked in an apartment block car park (even though it has a 24 hour guard and fences etc) right in the centre of the city!

Uh-oh...
guess it depends who your with. but my situation is almost the same as yours. gone from parents house well off area in a nice village (car in drive or garaged sometimes) to a small town with midlling crime rates and im parking it on the street (until i sort out my back garden as a drive).

thing is if i park my car at the supermarket, pubcarpark, work its at a much higher risk.

i forgot to tell them i was in a community watch area also damn !! i think i should be able to reduce it but if not then im gonna have to get shut of the clio and get something lower ins.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 02 February 2005

thanx for all your advise.. adrian flux sounds ok so does searching on confused.com for the best rates im gonna sort it all out this weekend and il tell ya how much i hopefully save ! also sorting my loan out im paying out £240 month on that but im gonna takeout another loan over 4yrs to pay this one off early (only got 7k left to pay) should go down to around £155 if i sort both of them out i can keep the 172 for longer yay !

one again thanks for the help.. it seems most people i talk to say direct line are expensive.

(Mcbunny i live on the edge of Selby york side and its not bad at all compared to some places in york or especially some places in leeds i.e gipton, compton, harehills, chapel town etc..) no gun crime to speak of and you never hear of muggings or rape. Its only a small town and everyone generally knows the people who theif/damage things, report them ? nah just go round with a Bat.

not me though ;)
right so you smell of animal feed and pickles then lol ;)

selby has a bad rap always has always will im afraid

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 02 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 02 February 2005

not me though ;)
right so you smell of animal feed and pickles then lol ;)

selby has a bad rap always has always will im afraid
true its a tough place but most of the trouble is isolated and on the housing estates.. and no i dont smell of pickle you cheeky git LOL im knowhere near Hazelwoods :D