ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance - gutted

H86

black 172
:mad: so mad!!! iv been getting some really decent quotes fro a clio 172 been saving like mad for ages etc and deffo decided on a clio finnally ready- got next week off so thought its the perfect time to buy one .. had a quick look on autotrader theres a few for sale..perfect

BUT

rang my insurance to ask about how i could keep my current car insured while i sell it PLUS the clio il be getting and while im on about that i also get a quote for the clio and turns out my current insurer wont insure me on a clio :mad: :mad: so i either cancel and get a new policy or wait till november till it time to renew and to be honest theres not much of a choice to make as il have 3 yrs ncb in nov n it seems a waste going back to 2.

so i have to keep my current car even longer plus MOT it now, my dreams of cruising round in the sun next week gone :(

plus the patronising woman on the phone was like " even though its only a little clio there a very high insurance group" - really! :eek:

guess i should have checked with them ages ago really before getting my hopes up!!

*rant over*

2002 White RS 172.
i was worried this was going to happen to me when i got mine, i went from a Citroen C2 GT to an RS, and i was worried they'd just outright refuse to carry it over. At first they kicked up a bit of s**t (i was only 21 at the time), but they eventually made an exception given that there was only a few months left on the policy and id been with them for a few years.

Perhaps ring them up and kick up a fuss about it and they may sort it for you?

Elise S1 B&C 140
Unlucky mate i got the same thing "its a big engine for a small ca you know sir, a 2.0" "the 172 stands for the power, which is alot for a clio "

Really no Sh*t pehaps thats one of the main reasons im buying it.

Luckily for me though i was only 1 month into my new policy so was able to go elsewhere.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I had the exact same problem. I was 20 when I got my 182 and Churchill wouldn't insure me on it. I lost nearly a years NCB because of it.

H86

black 172
i might try ring them again , it didnt cross my mind to check with me getting such good quotes online i dont even mind paying through the bloody roof for it untill renewal but just point blank NO!

fair enough im only 21 but been a girl its normally not as bad to get insured and iv not had any really expensive quotes.

... its not the same gettin new car in winter :(

ah well nothing i can do except ring again and see if they can sort something.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I had the exact same problem. I was 20 when I got my 182 and Churchill wouldn't insure me on it. I lost nearly a years NCB because of it.

Same thing here....lost 10months NCB because the AA wanted an extra £700 to insure the clio on the last 2months of my policy, so told them to screw that and to refund me the difference which was about £250 - otherwise i would have in effect paid them £950 for 2 months cover: 12 months cover through greenlight is cheaper than that!:quiet:

I had some truly random quotes to insure my 182 from £750 to over £5000!!:(

Chin up H86 you'll get your 1*2 soon..

clio 200 F4Rt
insurance is a funny old thing.

when i got my 182 i was with Churchill.

I did a online quote and it came out to £700ish. I thought great, i can afford that, good price etc etc.

So i rang them up, and asked to change my existing policy (citroen C2) to the new 182.

They said ok, that will be an extra £800 odd quid. Which was on top of the £300 odd quid i had paid a few months before for the existing car.

So i cancelled the current policy, got my refund, then two minutes later applied online and got it for the £700 odd quid!

strange to say the least!