ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Headache

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Currently got two cars. My 172 road car and my 172 track car.

My insurance up to now has been fine, insured the 172 road car fully comp under my own name with my own no claims. The track car is insured under my dads name and i drive that to track days because i had the drive other cars third party on my insurance. So using the car approx 5-8 times a year.

Now i have a problem, i was insured with Bell and they allowed drive other cars third party. Now they don't. So im stuck with my policy running out on the 31st of December.

any ideas? any companies still offering this service?

carl

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
All policies I know of allow 3rd party useage, but only in an emergency. Limited mileage policy?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
All policies I know of allow 3rd party useage, but only in an emergency. Limited mileage policy?

yeah they do if your over 25, thats the problem...im a young'un at 19 years old. Who does limited mileage policy as it would be less than 1000 miles a year probably.

carl

BMW M5 & E36
Usually allowed if you're over a certain age, commonly 25. I've just got 2 separate policies for mine.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Usually allowed if you're over a certain age, commonly 25. I've just got 2 separate policies for mine.

yeah two policies would be the best bet tbh, what sort of price you paying for yours if you dont mind me asking?

carl

Track 172cup
how much more would it be to have the track car insured under your dads name but you as a named driver ?

granted it will be more than your paying the now but it would be cheaper than having another policy of your own for it

ITB'd 182...
Over 25 to qualify for DOC (Drive other Cars) and that is for emergency only!

Flexi Bell used to offer it as an add on but we have stopped selling the Flexi Bell brand now as young kid's were buying DOC and driving their Dad's Bentley's, Astin's etc..... and wrapping them around tree's :(

320d
How much cheaper is a limited mileage policy? Thinking of putting my 172 on one next year when I go Uni next year.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Ask your dad to add you as an additional driver on the policy for the track car?, if its just insured for limited mileage i cant see it being too much more to add you.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I'm 17 and I can drive other cars 3rd party, I'm on my own policy 3rd party.

When the guy said I could I was like eh? I questionned him and he said I could so...

When the guy said I could I was like eh? I questionned him and he said I could so...

ya dude they are weirdos, i cant drive 3rd party but i can go to europe for 6 months..... great

BMW M135I

just make sure you check the print, as a mate of mine was told he could but on his insurance documents he wasnt allowed to