ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance help 17 ridiculous prices.

Hi,
right im a student, 17, and am looking to get my first car.
im looking at 1.0 corsa's as they are meant to be cheap to insure.

i have been looking for months but cant find insurance for under 2 grand anywhere.

directline have quoted me 2048 but as im 17 i cant pay monthly, i has to be in full which im struggling with.:(

any advice on companies that are good for 17 year olds? or cars which are cheaper to insure?

any help appreciated.

Evo 6, E92 320d
elephant also (part of the admiral group) but you will pay mega money on your 1st as your a young guy.

i was getting similar quotes when i first passed, to prove a point to my dad i got a quote for a 1.0 m reg micra and it came up at £2000 :|

went on my dads insurance on my 106 quiksilver £800 (not advising fronting btw), sadly was written off, insured through bell now for £900 on my clio, own policy crash declared, with my dad sister and brother inlaw as additional drivers (dropped it £800) but now im 18 and had license a year

many of my mates are on there parents policy, can get tricky when you crash though

Last edited:
ive tried Bell and Admiral, comes out at 3 grand, no tried Quinn ill give them a go now,

i cant pay monthly with Direct Line it only gives me one payment option, it could be because im 17 but when i ring them up they say i cant pay monthly.

all the other quotes ive had off gocompare havent allowed me to pay monthly as well.
thanks for the help

i was getting similar quotes when i first passed, to prove a point to my dad i got a quote for a 1.0 m reg micra and it came up at £2000 :|

went on my dads insurance on my 106 quiksilver £800 (not advising fronting btw), sadly was written off, insured through bell now for £900 on my clio, own policy crash declared, with my dad sister and brother inlaw as additional drivers (dropped it £800) but now im 18 and had license a year

many of my mates are on there parents policy, can get tricky when you crash though
thats not bad, im gonna have to try bell again, as i must of done somethiing wrong when i got my quote.

Dynamique Flamer
Direct line wanted £200 and then you could pay the rest monthly when i was looking in November, I ended up with admiral, I would suggest going on as a named driver or adding your mum/dad as a named driver onto your policy. Also get some quotes for other cars as i done quotes on a 1.1 saxo that came out more than my 1.2 16v clio as a saxo is considered more of a boy racer car i think.

clio 1.2 16v
i found quinn direct cheap until u pass. then they bumped mine up when i had my corsa. i'm with virgin money now. let you pay monthly with not interest.

not allowed to go on as a named drive :/ the 2 grand is with my mum on the policy. i will try some 1.2 clios and see how it goes. not lookin good atm.

i found quinn direct cheap until u pass. then they bumped mine up when i had my corsa. i'm with virgin money now. let you pay monthly with not interest.
just got a quote of 1800 with virgin money, best so far. thanks for that, ill try quinn noe.

my first car was insured by cis (co-op) pretty cheap compared to others, but as said definately call up, get a day free of just sitting there bored out your mind of calling up insurers playing them off eachother saying the quote from another company was cheaper etc

ill ring around tomorrow. my postcode is grade C.
anyone know the reason i cant pay monthly?

because your 17, alot wont let you

those prices do seem stupidly expensive, but dont understand how you can be doing something wrong..all your doing is putting in your details

try adding your parents, knocked about £600 off my quote with admiral

anyone know the reason i cant pay monthly?

think you can only get it once your 18, or have credit history and all that guff, if your parents have some spare cash could get them to pay it for you and direct debit it into there account monthly? thats what i do with my dad dont have to pay interest that way aswell

As people have said I don't think you can "pay monthly" till you're 18. Something to do with the credit agreement. It's just like when you try and sign up for a mobile phone contract, you have to be 18 before you can do that as well.

As people have said I don't think you can "pay monthly" till you're 18. Something to do with the credit agreement. It's just like when you try and sign up for a mobile phone contract, you have to be 18 before you can do that as well.

thats why 02 think i'm 28 :rasp:

AK

M240i
think you can only get it once your 18, or have credit history and all that guff, if your parents have some spare cash could get them to pay it for you and direct debit it into there account monthly? thats what i do with my dad dont have to pay interest that way aswell

Best way is to get your mum/dad to sign up to a credit card with a years 0% interest on purchases and then buy it with that and you pay back the amount over 12 months, nice equal payments.

Then cancel said card once the deal runs out...

Easy.

Cooperative Insurance Services (C.I.S.)

Always did blinding deals 'when I woz yung' and the missus is with them now for her first car.

Good prices usually, normally cover you Third Party on other cars (which 99.9% of companies don't until you're 25 or something like that), and also let you do some slight mods (iirc).

Look them up in the phone book as they used to have local agents that would come round and give you a quote :)

Let us know how it goes!

182 & Porsche 986
try adding a parent as a named driver? might bring it down a bit, tbh i'd be expecting to pay alot at 17