ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance help 17 ridiculous prices.

F56 MINI Cooper S
yep add your mum or dad to the policy. never heard of this not being able to pay monthly if your 17 bollox.

Cooperative Insurance Services (C.I.S.)

Always did blinding deals 'when I woz yung' and the missus is with them now for her first car.

Good prices usually, normally cover you Third Party on other cars (which 99.9% of companies don't until you're 25 or something like that), and also let you do some slight mods (iirc).

Look them up in the phone book as they used to have local agents that would come round and give you a quote :)

Let us know how it goes!
will ring them tomorrow, the online quote wont work atm.
sounds good about the third party on other cars though, loads of fast cars in my family.:)

yep add your mum or dad to the policy. never heard of this not being able to pay monthly if your 17 bollox.

all the quotes i have had so far have been with my mum and dad on the policy, my dad acually makes it go up £100 with some companies!:eek:

Dont know what the whole not able to pay monthly thing is about, but when i get quotes to see what car i can get next year with my age as 18 it has an extra option for payment, which is monthly.

Just make sure you get on to doing your advanced test ASAP - I cringe when I think back to what I got up to... lol

Don't think you're god's gift just because you've passed! Get onto the advanced stuff and you'll be amazed how much better you can get :)

Just make sure you get on to doing your advanced test ASAP - I cringe when I think back to what I got up to... lol

Don't think you're god's gift just because you've passed! Get onto the advanced stuff and you'll be amazed how much better you can get :)
all depends on the cost of it tbh, my dad said he will take me out when i do pass.

oh yeah , can't believe i've not posted b4, been hanging around for a while, and bought a cracking 172 off the for sale section.

and i am the OP's dad.........

Honda civic ep2 05
Doubt quin quoted you wrong on my own name with quinn when i was 17 on a 1.2 16v 05 clio was £1800, my friend got a Golf and with his mum and dad on was £1000.
Now that my first year driving almost up the quoted me £800-£900 renewal yet to look anywhere else but im sure i will.

AK

M240i
oh yeah , can't believe i've not posted b4, been hanging around for a while, and bought a cracking 172 off the for sale section.

and i am the OP's dad.........

LOL .. thought you were just being a cheeky git :rasp:!

Welcome ;)

OP steal your dads Credit card and pay for insurance in full!

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Try Endsleigh mate...

I just turned 18 when i got my car (last october), and they charged me £1926 for my 2004 Clio 1.5 dCi 80 while all the others were £2100-£2200+...

Im still 18, held my license for just over a year now but do not have any NCB until october, and i recently got a quote of £1450 from Endsleigh for a 2003 1.6 Golf, not a bad price for 0 NCB!

All this is third party fire and theft of course...

Clio
Try Churchill, they where a good £500 cheaper than others that I tried.

However, they don't allow mods, which is why I'm changing come July :)

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Directline told me doing that would make no difference to the price of my policey, so I never saw the point in doing it!

And the reason you cant pay monthly is probably due to the type of contact you are putting yourself into. Like you cant have a mobile phone contract untill your 18. At least thats my thought on it

clio 1.2 extreme :(
Im on my dads policy he owns my car drives it aswell sometimes but im the main driver paying 1538 with a local company eastside. Thats TPFT mind steep but the cheapest i found and that was 7 eeks ago, my dad had to swap insurance companies for this but its worth a try. Ring them

This btw is not illegaL totally legit :D

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Tried Fully Comp yet?

I always been fully comp on my cars and especially on my main cars.

I'm looking to renew the Mondeo's insurance, and directline wanted £200 more for TPFT than Fully Comp... worth ago with some compaines.

Directline told me doing that would make no difference to the price of my policey, so I never saw the point in doing it!
LOL

There's every point in doing it!!

You're not doing it for the immediate financial win, you're doing it so you can operate your vehicle better and improve your roadcraft skills.

This in turn will improve your safety, your enjoyment of driving, and also your fuel consumption, which means that you're a safer driver and less likely to crash.

This means that the chances of crashing and having to claim or pay out from your own pocket are much reduced, so you build up No Claims Bonus quicker than you might otherwise, saving money in the long run.

Seriously, if you think it will make no difference to your driving then do it and prove to the IAM how F*cking Great you are ;)

I will put money on you coming away going "Oh, didn't realise that" about many things... :p