ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance hike after getting 3 points

Clio 182
I'm sure someones had points on here at some point, I recieved 3 for doing 37mph in a 30 zone coming from a 60 (country road) all my fault so accepted it and paid. Just wondered how much I should expect my insurance to rise upon renewal

Cheers

I received my only 3 points on my licence in 1997 for running a red light. It never affected my insurance at all, however that may have changed these days

330Ci (Fail)Sport
About 10% I think. But I was 17 and this was 6 years ago. I think I read somewhere that the first 3 points for speeding barely affects premiums now days as it's so common.

I think I read somewhere that the first 3 points for speeding barely affects premiums now days as it's so common.

My insurance company told me exactly that. So easy to get caught doing say 35 in a 30 by a van.

Even 6 points for speeding will be less of a hit than just 3 for going through a red light.

Clio 182
This is good to know! I was expecting £50+ figure number increase.

When my next insurance renewal is due i'll be 22 with (touch wood) 4 years ncb.