ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance on 182...

RB 182
Has anyone renewed or started insurance on a 182 recently?

A few companies have referred me for being too young… I’m 25 with 8 years no claims and no convictions… Crazy!!!

Any good insurers anyone knows of? I’ve managed to get £545 via Elephant Insurance. Fully comprehensive with £250 excess on damage, and no claims protection.

LY V6 with Recaros
I'm 24 and had some insurers said the same thing to me, or give quotes of around £2000 - crazy! I'm with Privilage at the moment, they gave me the most competitive price. Not far behind them were Tescos, Greenlight and Direct Line.

Deja vu 182
I m 24 , 1NCB bought 04 182 Directline were best price by a long way £750 fully comp . Most companies gave over 25 s**t as is a high performance car?

Turbo Beige
25, 4 ync, 3 points sp60, car modified, with Greenlight £495 unlimited mileage with £300 excess.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Privilege are giving good quotes, replied to your PM saying they've got it down to £323 now, that's on a mk1 172.

Also Privilege have a 0% finance deal on monthly payment plans so looks like I'll be going with them as Flux are only quoting me £315, but I need ot pay monthly this time so it works out silly exensive with their interest rate!

P

PrincessJessica

im 18 with 1years nc and i pay £1400 with elephant for fully comp ins. social and commuting

RB 182
Flux were over £800... I hate this country! 8 Years no claims, clean record, 25, Good housing area with no chavvy crime... Privilege were the cheapest at £537 with No claims protection, £250 excess, legal protection etc... Oh and the 0% interest is a big bonus :)

ChrisR, you have a good deal! I can lower the cost by increasing the excess amount... but knowing me, I'll have a bump within 10min of my new insurance :(

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
I have just got a quote for the Trophy from Adrian Flux £633 fully comp including no claims protection £250 Excess

I am 25 7yrs ncb, 3 points and the car is parked in the car park behind the flats, I have told them it would be 9000 miles a year.

Give them a ring.

VRS
im 25 with 5 years ncb

i pay 500 with loads of modifications declared with flux

i have protected no claims and 250 excess

RenaultSport 197
I just got a quote for £2539.44 from Kwik Fit fully comp on the 2003 plate 182..

However I got a cheaper quote (with the same details) on a 2002 plate Civic type R for £2320.12 ???

Clio 172 Rep (SOLD)
just looking into getting 182 cup - i am 20 4 yrs no claims and a cost of 893 fully comp with Tesco.

yeah post codes make a lot of difference, when i had a bike there was £300 quid difference from my house and my dads - its to do with how close to town centre and crime levels.

I pay £1,000 for a 182 with Direct Line who were by far the best with 4 years NCB in London, i've just lost 2 of those and i'm planning to sell when i need to renew as i can't justify over £1000 on insurance when i only use it at weekends. probably works out at £20 a drive!

RB 182
Yep Postcode is a major i'm guessing?

I live in a good area but its a Birmingham postcode even though I live closer to Statford and Worcs... Being a Chav city, I guess that is a factor that is shafting my insurance :(

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Im 23, 1 yr NCB, 54plate 182, 8k miles per year, social and commuting, £1250 with Admiral. :dapprove:

RB 182
Done and dusted :) Privilege it was.

£537 fully comp, no claims protected, legal protection, £250 excess and 0% on my monthly payments :D

Now... Next weeks plans will be to look into importing a clio into America and insuring it :D that should be fun... not!

Astra CDTI SRI
182 04 plate. Me and the missus named as drivers both of us are 27, no points, no cliams, 4 years NCD, Lowered suspension, £280 from admiral.

Beat that! ;)

EDIT: Just got a quote from Privilege. £278.25! Oooh! £1.75 saving in June when I re-new!

Last edited:
  RB 182
£280... Does your missus work for an insurance company? Either that or are you seeing the boss at the insurance company? ;)

Ford Mustang 5.0
Im 23, 1 yr NCB, 54plate 182, 8k miles per year, social and commuting, £1250 with Admiral. :dapprove:

That seems steep mate, Give me a shout when you policy comes up I should be able to get it for yor about £800 based on this details.

If you wanted to get an exact price please complete your details on our website www.greenlightinsurance.com and i'll e-mail you back a price.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
182 04 plate. Me and the missus named as drivers both of us are 27, no points, no cliams, 4 years NCD, Lowered suspension, £280 from admiral.

Beat that! ;)

EDIT: Just got a quote from Privilege. £278.25! Oooh! £1.75 saving in June when I re-new!

That with protected ncb? My quote with privilege without that knocked off 20 or 30 quid :)

Well I went with Privilege today, £313 on a mk1 172 :)

Elise 111R
Well got my insurance today with Privilage, 22 4 years ncb etc £547.... which aint to shabby..

Although im unsure what there take is on mods i presume its fairly strict but tbh when i couldnt get below 750 with other insurers who would tocuh me with mods i can live without them for the time being...

Mk2 172
Im payin £420 fully comp with protected ncb. im 24 with 5 years ncb :) not bad i dont think. im with directline