ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance on a v6

how much extra a year would you think it would be in insure a v6 over a 182 cup ??? i am only 19 at the mo and pay around £1100 for my 182 cup. what group insurance are they ?

they are group 20, how about getting a theoretical quote online

though youll find many places will ask you to ring them for a quote

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 03 May 2005

they are group 20, how about getting a theoretical quote online

though youll find many places will ask you to ring them for a quote
more like ring them so they can tell you to f**k off. lol.

harv if i were u id stick with the car u got at ur age u dont need to be paying so much for insurance come to think of it what is the point of insurance its all a total rip off

Seems from other threads people aged 20 are paying about 2.5K for thier insurance so expect even more than that at 19....

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 03 May 2005

Seems from other threads people aged 20 are paying about 2.5K for thier insurance so expect even more than that at 19....

I think your going to be out of luck at 19................20 just about but 19 i think youll struggle to even get a quote.

The group is 20D.

Im the one who is paying £2540 when I was 20...............now 21 (2 weeks ago).

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 03 May 2005 at 8:35pm]

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Insuring the Vee even costs old blokes like me a fair bit. Over 30, 15 years NCB (tho theyve stopped counting), no points ... still cost me £730 when I did it today. Moved to Privilege after Admiral (same as Elephant) dicked me around and added over £100 to the premium after I was bumped from behind last year ... even tho fully settled with 3rd party taking all responsibility. Apparently any accident increases your risk rating with Admiral ... WTF I was sat in a traffic queue doing nothing :mad:

EVO VII

im thinking of getting a V6, rang my insurance company ( elephant ) they want £1195 im 22 and have 2 yrs NCB. :)

i would wait till your older your really gonna struggle.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 04 May 2005

£595 :oops:
Who are you insured with Mike? I know that youre a "wee" bit older than me but ...

cheers, for all your replies guys. im currently insured with tescos. havent phoned for any quotes yet but was thinking it was group 18 not 20 so as some of you say think i will struggle. think i will stick to the 182 for now:)

I am 34, 8 yrs NCB, good postcode, garaged and have been quoted £720 on a MkII V6 with a £500 excess. Thats with A-Plan if I recall. Elephant wanted about £790 and £350 excess

[Edited by PaulMc on 05 May 2005 at 9:15am]

Quote: Originally posted by theduckeatspork on 05 May 2005

tesco quoted me about £2k for a 182, 19, 1year ncd, 2 years driving, thats fully comp tho, is urs tpft?

I doubt it, as i believe most insurance companies say you have to have fully comp on brand new cars, especially at his age with a 2litre hot hatch!

Clio RS 172 Ph2

Im 33, have 9 points for speeding (all SP30s), full NCB and no claims, and it costs me £940 a year fully comp with business use.

Cheers!