ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Payout for Crashes

BMW M135I
Well ill start by giving you an intro to it all.

In September 2007, I had a side impact crash in my mums golf resulting in slight whiplash to the neck and lower back injuries.

In December 2007, I had another crash in my old clio straight into the back of me.

In both cases i went to hospital the day after and the neck pain went after a few week.

Has my 1st medical in February 2008 for the first crash in which neck pain and lower back was still causing problems.

2nd crash medical was in April 2008 with same symptoms.

Now the first crash offered me physio for my lower back and this was fine after 5 sessions of physio so now only my upper back was in pain.

Went through NHS for physio for my upper back in January 2009 after 2 visits to doctors and that lasted till April 2009 and went through the NHS again as the problems dveloped worse after stopping physio around July time 2009.

Now the problem lies in who was going to payout what for the injuries.

One of the insurance companies wanted me to have a 3rd medical opinion to decide what caused most damage so that happened in December 2009 (Yes look at how long the difference in the 2nd opinion and 3rd opinion is)

Anyway the 3rd opinion says that the accidents are a 40% (1st crash) and 60% ( 2nd crash) split. Hes noted that i should have fully recovered 12- 14 months after the 2nd accident from this which puts a date of February 2009 in which i was still having physio.

He put it down that i had fully recovered but it was my posture from the accident that was causing the symptoms.

Anyway, from that ill let you guys have a guess as to what the expected payout would be and give you more information if you need and ill tell you of my 1st offer when i get back from work later tonight around 9.30

1st crash payout:
2nd crash payout:

Happing guessing

Fabia vrs tdi
I got £7500 in 2003 after a car knocked me off my motorbike but it took 2 years to get the cash.

My injuries were pretty bad had a walking stick for months.

It does sound complicated in your case.

Fabia vrs tdi
Should note that I had no licence no insurance no tax no mot at the time of my accident, just cleaned it to sell It thought I'd be ok taking it two mins up the hill and back and guy drove rite into me lol I'd let him do it again for 7.5k

Megane 225
Should note that I had no licence no insurance no tax no mot at the time of my accident, just cleaned it to sell It thought I'd be ok taking it two mins up the hill and back and guy drove rite into me lol I'd let him do it again for 7.5k

I hope it came with a lifetime ban 2! I hate w*****s who drive with no insurance!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I got £7500 in 2003 after a car knocked me off my motorbike but it took 2 years to get the cash.

My injuries were pretty bad had a walking stick for months.

And you got £7,500 with no insurance, tax, mot etc... nice one!
So you can drive when? Never i hope the answer is!

Fabia vrs tdi
Nothing no points nothing it was a private road ( idiots )

I thought it would be safe and not crash myself, didn't expect a boy racer in his one day old golf gti to drive into me coming up the hill.

I hate uninsured drivers good job I have always had insurance when on the road.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

I thought it would be safe and not crash myself, didn't expect a boy racer in his one day old golf gti to drive into me coming up the hill.

Idiots?? I didn't realise i was f**kin psychic as you failed to mention it was on a private road...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Oh the Facepalm.

BMW M135I
They offered 2750 total dfor both crashes.

1100 from the first one and 1650 for the second.

To be honest i think the offer is shocking in regards to 20+ months of pain in my neck which has affected my university studies.

BMW M135I
Thing is, they rate my first crash at 2700 and my second crash at 3500 if they hadnt overlapped each other.

But the 1st insurance are making out i should only get 40% of that as 60% was down to the other crash but the doctors report says the 2nd crash was a result of 40% of the 1st crash. Its just annoying as the majority of my injuries on my 1st crash was lower back and the second upper back. I had slight whiplash for a few week but had gone before the second crash.

Da

Less
And would an offer of £20,000 make the disruption to your uni studues easier to deal with? :S

I'm sorry but £3k is £3k, surely it's based on your injuries and is relative to your 'disruption'.

Chris's sounds far more serious and he rightly got more compensation.

BMW M135I
And would an offer of £20,000 make the disruption to your uni studues easier to deal with? :S

I'm sorry but £3k is £3k, surely it's based on your injuries and is relative to your 'disruption'.

Chris's sounds far more serious and he rightly got more compensation.
No not 20k, im not like that but its the principal. My mate in the car with me got 1600 for it, never needed physio and only had a weeks pain, i had to be refered to physio and its caused discomfort for over 20 months

I think it's based on any lost earnings too, which he hasn't really suffered.

I did have a few days off of work on each occasion, but because it was overtime and not my contract hours, they said i wasnt entitled to it.

Chelsea tractor
Just quickly looking at some quantum reports, that doesn't look to be too bad. I still would go for a bit more though as they're always going to try and get away with as little as possible ;)

As Da said; you would be £3k up. It's not like you've been to see private physios, cancelled your £3k annual golf membership or anything - so you have no costs to recoup in that regard.

BMW M135I
Probably just me then but its annoyed me by the fact that they said it would be 2750 for the first crash and 3500 for the second crash if they had happened at seperate times at not overlapped.

Seems weird thats all and looking at other cases involved with friends or family, it seems quite low. I would have thoguht around 4k would have been reasonable as whiplash claims are around 2k each crash. My mum even recieved 2300 for a similar accident and she had no loss of earnings.

Da

Less
I think they're on a case by case basis and it would be pointless to try and compare it to anyone else's case.

Not having a go or anything but £3k is still alot of money, and as you stated there's no loss of earnings to be recouped.

BMW M135I
True, thats why i wanted to see what people expected from what i put really, but seems like everyone is saying the same thing.

Chelsea tractor
I think they're on a case by case basis and it would be pointless to try and compare it to anyone else's case.

Not having a go or anything but £3k is still alot of money, and as you stated there's no loss of earnings to be recouped.
Bang on the mark

a burnt one
I got £1500 for whiplash and scarred tissue in my ankle about 8 years ago.

I missed a lot of work and therefore earnings, I think your offer is reasonable, however the majority of people say never accept the first offer.

Clio 182 arctic
did it cost you over 3k in travel expenses to and from doctors. No, then you win. youre in profit as such.
its not like america where you get silly amount of compensation for injuries, unless you lose a limb.

Take it.

I have 2 mates who have recently received compo payments and they weren't as much as that in retrospect.

One of them got crushed between two cars as he walked between them (one was his own - fail) and after a broken leg he got less than you.