ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance queries

Titanium 182
Im currently with Norwich union simple cover paying £1300 im 18 with 1 years NCB.

I want to colour code my car add a splitter stainless back box, I'd also like to lower it on springs, and iv added the RS grill.

And they dont insure mods :p

What companys should i be going to for quotes ? I tried adrian flux but they said unless its third party fire and theft its going to be £2500 minimum for fully comp modified or not.. And there supposed to be good :S

So if i want to change my insurance over what companies should i go to :approve:

Thank youuu

James

ATR
Ditch NU asap as they're useless, and claims dept is based in India! I work in an insurance company myself and hang up on them when they ring cause you cannot understand anything they say. No one wants to speak to them!

When i get my 172 ph1 i'll be 19 with 2 yrs exp and 1 yrs ncd, no crashes.

With admiral, with a £1250 excess (basically TPFT, unless its a write off, which means you'll at least get some money back) I got it down to £1300 unmodified, and for mods like that it increases marginally, for instance alloys and suspension declared would be £100ish increase,

Tip is with admiral: Big excess on FC insurance (avoid TPFT its actually more expensive), and add your mum and dad as NAMED drivers where possible, but make sure your truthful with the question "do they drive another car" and then youve got a completley legal, cheap policy :)

Hope that helps

Quinn direct, good with young drivers.

They don't mind about mods unless it's related to the engine, I.e no induction kits or the such like.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Oh btw, i have already paid my years insurance in full will that get refunded ?
It should tell you in the terms and conditions booklet they send you.

I find they usually work on a sliding scale, so how much you get back may depend on how long you've had the policy for. If it's within 14 days you can get a full refund for a lot of them.

ATR
whats your situation mate, ie exp etc ncd, are you putting a high excess and adding your parents on? how old?
im 18 atm with no years ncd and insured for a grand fully comp with admiral on a 1.6 zetec focus legally in my own name so cant see why yours is so much,

elephant, diamond, bell = all admiral

ATR
as for the refund you should get it back but there is usually a charge like £30 and if youve made a claim you cant

This may be your answer:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87920
Do you fall on a high risk area, yorkshire is full of fraudulent claims.
You must be doing something wrong, especially with a years ncd on a 1.4!!!! mine is 1000 on a 1.6 focus and im in a worse situation than you, but on a sweet postcode

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
Im
Modern apprentice for BT
1 years NCB (Aqquired partly as a learner driver on my own car and policy)
No claims
No convictions
1.4 16v 100 BHP
I have RS grill
Silvertec bulbs

I want colour coding
stainless back box

Would also like to lower and powder coat alloys but i reckon thats out of the question.

I live in a nice area of west yorkshire
LS185** is postcode :/

pay about £1300-£1400 fully comp (One off payment)

For my last car peugeot 106 1.1 litre standard car.
£1400 third party fire and theft in monthly payments of around £120.

And 19 year olds on here can insure 172's for under £2k ?

I hate this country.

your quotes are simply ridiculous! all the best companies for young drivers with mods have been mentioned but only way to tell is shop around

ATR
my mate is 19 and insured FC on a 180 TT Quattro Coupe for £1500. Go through on admiral again and make sure your typin in the right info

Titanium 182
Gone through admirals website for another look instead of using the phone and i got it to £2200 with mods but thats still riddiculus :(

Titanium 182
£1866.88

With no Mods
and £1000 excess.. Thats about £500 more than im paying now and my excess is only £300 but they dont support mods :(

Dervvv
Quinn direct, good with young drivers.

he is true, Northren Ireland is the highest place for insurance, i was qouted £3200 on my clio on L plates, and that was wheel mod, tinted windows, lowered etcetc.
when i passed my test and moved on to R plates it went down to £2,200 same details

it got outrageus! so i am under my parents at the minute, and its only something like £1,200 and that covers me to drive their cars aswell

BMW x3 and BMW m3

but my dad wodnt give me the keys to his m3 lmao!!!

ATR
aluco looks like your going to have to face the worst then, guess your unlucky, probs mainly your postcode.

and coco,

Your the exact type of person i catch out everyday at work, decline repairs to your car, cancel policy, add decline markers so wont insure you in the future, and your name added to a central ins database for insurance fraud. That means any future insurance would be considerably higher.

People used to get away with doing this, but unfortunately its fraud and you cant nowadays.

My advice to you is get your own policy :)

Clio 182
I got a quote from all those compare sites. confused, moneysupermarket, etc all quoting me stupid amounts. A friend told me about Elephant and there really cheap. I was so shocked so if i was u i'd defo get a quote from them. If you do it online u get 10% off. Hope this helps.