ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Question - Buying a New Car

Audi S3 Saloon
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I needed some advice and Google wasn't helping me out...next stop Cliosport!

So I'm driving a 182, insured with Admiral (Renewed last month)

I'm looking to buy a new car (BMW) in the next few weeks but want to keep the 182 for a little while to sort a few niggles before I sell it.

What's the best thing to do insurance wise? Ask Admiral to put it on as a 2nd car for a while? (Any ideas on cost of this etc) - Will I still have to pay to cancel the 182 insurance even if I keep the Bimmer with them?

Cheers. :star:

Last edited by a moderator:
  182 with cup packs
You can just pay extra for the BMW or less depending. When I had my fiat I upgraded to a 182 and my insurance rose so I payed an extra £200 but if it's cheaper they may refund. Adding another car I don't think can be done if your under 25 with admiral perhaps it would be cheaper for your parents to insure it and add you (sorry no idea how old you are)

182 with cup packs
Haha thought half way through this guy might be 30 odd. Try the multi car policy admiral bang on about but really give them hassle how much you can save with another company think I managed to knock my insurance down from £1200 to £800 excess went up a little but mostly they just chance the prices they quote you will accept.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I used temp cover to get the 2nd vehicle home and then left it until I switched the insurance over. I didn't plan on the driving the second vehicle though while I still had the first.