ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance renewal - moving the date?

"Navy" N17 TWO
My insurance renewal is comming up soon, due on 20th Dec

Has anyone ever moved their renewal date, or is it even possible?
Just don't fancy having to pay the insurance at the mouth of Christmas every year lol

I'm with Greenlight

Cheers
Trev

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Depends when they take the money, normally its a week or two after isn't it?

You might be able to ask for them to take it on a specific date, I'm sure I was given the option.

Otherwise, don't renew straight away. Go for a little while without driving and reinsure when you want to pay it? Or credit card and interest free jobbie.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Insurance is a continual thing . The only way to move the renewal date would be to take the car off the road and not insure your car for a period of time .

PH1 172
Speak to Greenlight and ask them if they can take the money out on a different date and see what they say

"Navy" N17 TWO
Rang Greenlight today, there's no way of moving the renewal date unless as above, I take the car off-road for a period or switch company.

Oh-well it was worth a shot

PH1 172
I have heard you can freeze policies so.......

Can you not freeze your one now, un-freeze it in a months time (keep car off the road) and then the policy will run out in January then when you renew it, it will always be in January?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I need my car, hence not taking it off road. It was just a thought so not-to-worry now :)

clio 172
get pay as you go insurance for a month or two if you can afford it as its a bit more then get a year policy again when ready