ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance repair classic

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Just had a voicemail from the car repair place my insurers are using to fix the flamer. To cut long story short, there were very minor scuffs and a dent inflicted on my front bumper as a result of an altercation with an electric gate. Now, I wasn't going to put it through insurance if it wasn't for the cost of the electric gate repair (£1.5kish). So I had to claim, and console myself with the knowledge at least I'll get a new bumper.

The clowns at this repair place have just left me a voicemail saying they are intending to spray my existing bumper, leaving the dent in the middle 'as it is minor'. I take it I have every right to tell them to f off, get a new bumper sprayed and put on, as if I have to claim, I at least want it to be returned to the condition it was prior, which was immaculate.

I find it unbelievable behaviour, and am staggered at the jovial manner of the guy on the phone. He won't be greeted by the same 'happy tones' tomorrow when I tell him I'm not settling for half a job!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I believe you can reject a repair that is not satisfactory and that is definitely not satisfactory.

MR2 Mk1.5
Phone your insurers, not the bodyshop. I wouldn't stand for that and the thing is, you may find that the repair centre ARE claiming for the costs of a NEW bumper. Everyone moans are fraudulent claiming/whiplash etc bumping up insurance prices, sure they do but the vastly over inflated prices charged by approved repairers also makes it more expensive for everyone.

MR2 Mk1.5
I'll ring my insurers, which will be easy as it is you guys.

Oli

Hi,

Please PM me, I'll put a ruddy rocket up them if they are on our approved list, if they are, they probably wont be for much longer. If it is a repairer of your own choice then it is still not acceptable but it may be you who needs to make this clear to them.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Hi,

Please PM me, I'll put a ruddy rocket up them if they are on our approved list, if they are, they probably wont be for much longer. If it is a repairer of your own choice then it is still not acceptable but it may be you who needs to make this clear to them.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Hay mate,
I've PM'd you, cheers. All sorted, seems the voicemail they left didn't reflect the fact they have suitably repaired the bumper. I'll wait to see it end of the week before I pass judgement.

Oli

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm the op. Basically, it seems the garage left a misleading voicemail on my phone, and after speaking with them they re-assure me the bumper dents have been adequately removed. I pick the car up on Friday, so will see.

In the meantime, Sky have been excellent, although I need longer chat with Ollie on another issue this creates, and will PM him accordingly.

If on Friday the repair is not up to standard, I'll reject it and update this thread.

Oli

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Right, just got back and i'm pleased to say I came home in my car. They have done a great job on the bumper, looks brand new. So the flamer looks like this, again;

photo7.jpg

And everything is right in the world. Curry tonight aswell, which means I can enjoy it without being in a foul mood that I was carless for another weekend. Good times. See some of you on Monday at the South Central meet.

Oli

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yep. This I was particularly pleased about, the photo above is an older one though (couldn't be asked to take a new one as it is identical). Very happy with the repairs.

Not so happy losing my NCD. :(