ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance repair work issue

Countryman JCW
So my girlfriends car got a rear bump around 3-4 months ago. The car was sent away to be repaired and came back looking as good as new. Over the time the paint work started to look at bit distorted, almost like a layer of was hadnt been rubbed in properly over the affected area. She contacted the paint shop where the damage was repaired and they washed their hands of it and said if you were happy you should have bought it back straight away. Being a little naive, she accepted this and cracked on. In the last week or so, the dent that was originally there has now re-appeared (only a slight crease in the bumper that you need to look for to see it), and the paint work around the area is definitely not right.

I've told her to call her insurance and ask about the warranty of the repair, because it looks to me like they have used dent removal on it, and its not worked properly. Is she too late, or could she get it repaired again?

Hope someone can help

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Most insurers give 3 - 5 years warranty on repairs, so she should be ok. Worth giving them a call either way to get clarification.

Countryman JCW
Great stuff, thanks for the replies... i was just worried they might try and fob it off and say we had caused it or something, but its so blatently obvious whats happened.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't worry, I had a bumper re-done years ago and after about six months it started to bubble up, told the insurance company and they sorted it out.