ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance said they'll pay for my Pass Plus - advice needed

When I was calling to buy my insurance, the guy asked if I had a Pass Plus certificate and I said no, but when the documents arrived they said I need to send them a copy of it, which obviously I couldn't do as I don't have one.

I told them this, and they said they will pay for me to do a Pass Pluss course subject to an invoice being sent to them due to it being an error on their part.

I'm not entirely sure what they want me to do here - do I simply book a Pass Plus course with someone and send the payment invoice to the insurers?

I guess. But make sure you send it recorded signed for delivery. They then can't claim they didn't receive it.

Sounds like it yes, but I'd get it in writing first or they could try and wiggle out of paying later.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
As above, I suppose the danger is that you end up paying for the course and then they don't reimburse you.

I would want it clarified in writing from them before proceeding and ask them to confirm if they want the invoice to be addressed to them to pay direct to the driving instructor, or whether they want you to pay for the course then claim back from them in arrears.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Have you been driving less than 2 years i take it? (this can only be done in the first 2 years after passing your test)

It's on the letter that they sent me, the quote is;

Adrian Flux said:
As this is an error on our part we have agreed that if you do a Pass Plus course we will pay for this subject to an invoice being sent to us.

They have attatched an envelope too, probably for me to send it back in.

I think I'll give them a ring later just to confirm this, cheers guys.

Have you been driving less than 2 years i take it? (this can only be done in the first 2 years after passing your test)
I passed my test last June, so should be alright!

At least next year I'll be able to say I have a Pass Plus and get even cheaper insurance :D

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Tbh, prob worth doing even if they don't pay (if you can afford it, that is).

If I had my time again, I would do it.

Big waste of time imo, unless they are going to give you something for doing it? Extra disount or something?

Tbh, prob worth doing even if they don't pay (if you can afford it, that is).

If I had my time again, I would do it.
I was considering doing the Advanced Motoring test actually, so could be a good idea.

Big waste of time imo, unless they are going to give you something for doing it? Extra disount or something?
They said they 'do not have any policies that will cover yourself and the vehicle without the Pass Plus Qualification'. So the c0ck on the phone possibly did this just to get a sale.

IAM and Pass plus are very different. Pass Plus is a waste of your time imo and unless this policy is much cheaper I would be looking to cancel and go elsewhere.

For the record I have done Pass Plus and found it to be shite.

I did my pass plus just after passing my test (6 years ago) and it shaved nearly £300 of my premium. It's the easiest course you'll ever do driving related unless it's changed since I did mine.

I think I'll do it. Many insurers when you're young as if you have a Pass Plus certificate, and some, or so I've heard, will count it as a year's no claims bonus.

I'll probably do IAM later on when I become more sensible :eek:

BMW 330ci Clubsport
You should ask your insurers if it will make any difference to your insurance price as well, I asked Direct Line (I know, blergh Direct Line etc) if having a pass plus would make me insurance go down, they said no

Ah Pass Plus, was piss easy, the guy let me bomb along the motorway while he sat and talked on the phone to the builders about the extension he was building. :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
one thing to bare in mind is that if it states on your policy that you have done pass plus and you havent (even though it was their error) then if you got involved in an accident they might try and claim that you lied about the pass plus in order to get cheaper insurance, therefore making your insurance void and you would be liable for any damages etc

i had a similar thing where i got insurance with a company and declared all my mods then when i got the statement of facts they werent on there even though i got two members of staff to double check on two seperate occasions. i asked for an updated statement of facts and after two weeks it hadnt come so i complained to the manager who informed me that my mods were not declared and i would either have to cancel my policy or pay an extra £1450. this not only pissed me off but took so long that i missed the renewal date for my original insurers. i think they hope most customers dont realise their mods arent declaired so that if they have an accident they can refuse to payout. luckily i have since moved to brentacre

one thing to bare in mind is that if it states on your policy that you have done pass plus and you havent (even though it was their error) then if you got involved in an accident they might try and claim that you lied about the pass plus in order to get cheaper insurance, therefore making your insurance void and you would be liable for any damages etc

i had a similar thing where i got insurance with a company and declared all my mods then when i got the statement of facts they werent on there even though i got two members of staff to double check on two seperate occasions. i asked for an updated statement of facts and after two weeks it hadnt come so i complained to the manager who informed me that my mods were not declared and i would either have to cancel my policy or pay an extra £1450. this not only pissed me off but took so long that i missed the renewal date for my original insurers. i think they hope most customers dont realise their mods arent declaired so that if they have an accident they can refuse to payout. luckily i have since moved to brentacre
Yeah I'm a little wary about that. They have sent two letters now and confirmed it on the phone though, so I think I'll be booking it sometime soon.

Anyone have any recommendations of who to go with? Or do most people do it?

No, they said they can't find any policies to cover me without the pass plus though so I guess that's a plus point!

Course I did lol, it's pretty expensive now but it's the cheapest I could find. Done it all now anyway, got my pass plus. :)

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
So let me get this straight?

The insurance c0cked up? They have sent you a latter saying that they will pay for you to do pass plus?

Just do it, it;s only a few hours out of your time, and you never know it might benefit you with your next insurer.

Always do something someone else is willing to pay for IMO.

Don't worry about insurance, if they have sent you a letter saying they c0cked up, and you have a pas splus booked, there won't be an issue.

Insurers depend on paperwork, and this time it's in your favour.

Course I did lol, it's pretty expensive now but it's the cheapest I could find. Done it all now anyway, got my pass plus. :)

So let me get this straight?

The insurance c0cked up? They have sent you a latter saying that they will pay for you to do pass plus?

Just do it, it;s only a few hours out of your time, and you never know it might benefit you with your next insurer.

Always do something someone else is willing to pay for IMO.

Don't worry about insurance, if they have sent you a letter saying they c0cked up, and you have a pas splus booked, there won't be an issue.

Insurers depend on paperwork, and this time it's in your favour.
:rasp: