ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Shocker!!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Just had my renewal drop thru a few mins ago....

Been with Tesco for 6 years now. Last year i paid £465 for my policy.

im now 25
maximum NCB (7 years)
No point
No claims
No convictions

Full Comp
Reasonable postcode

Clio 182 with Cup Packs

So, i open the renewal... to be greated with a renewal price of £1107.85 :eek:
Rang up to check,
"yes sir its gone up due to rising costs"
"we can offer you £15 discount"

Looks like i gotta shop around again!!

Shocking.

Do what I do... roll without any insurance. If I have an accident, the other person can pay.

tiTTy & SV650
similar situation but not as expensive, 7 years ncb protected. Elephant want £550 but Greenlight have came back with a quote for £400. I will see if they match it, otherwise I'll be leaving Elephant after 7 years!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Shocking.

Do what I do... roll without any insurance. If I have an accident, the other person can pay.

I was thinking of fronting this year?

Adding my gran as the policy holder. Do you think they would mind?

;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine was same price when i renewed last year even though i gained an extra years no claims. Gits!

I think we just have to accept the fact that Insurance prices have started rising...

More than double last year's premium is just crazy though.

Shocking.

pah, i just ride my scooter without insurance and kick people's doors in for funsies!

shocker that Has mate! can recommend Zurich Insurance Plus very highly!

jamie

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
I think we just have to accept the fact that Insurance prices have started rising...

More than double last year's premium is just crazy though.

Yup, they have risen ove the year.

Just done a few quick quotes, without even looking really and they are coming at around 6/700.

ByeBye Tesco this year me thinks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Tried getting a quote on the tesco website? They rip people off on renewals.

koi

Audi S1
Yeah renewals are a joke. Going through Confused the price for a new quote with the same company was cheaper than my renewal, how do they explain that?!?

Yeah renewals are a joke. Going through Confused the price for a new quote with the same company was cheaper than my renewal, how do they explain that?!?

A lot of people don't shop around for insurance prices, and just accept their renewal price. Its pretty bad, and the insurance companies are blatantly abusing it.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Every year I change my insurer and every time it goes down,
I never renew with the same insurer.

I use Admiral
Direct Line
LLoyds
Churchill

Every year one of them is considerably cheaper than the others.

But then I am 33 with 7 years no claims and live in a nice area.

Clio 182
similar situation but not as expensive, 7 years ncb protected. Elephant want £550 but Greenlight have came back with a quote for £400. I will see if they match it, otherwise I'll be leaving Elephant after 7 years!

Me too ... currently with Diamond (same company as Elephant basically). Have been by far the cheapest for years and years but now seem to be on the expensive side. Renewal £600 with Diamond - Greenlight £390!

Tesco etc always seem to be REALLY expensive for me, £700 upwards.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Have you tried going to Tesco's website and doing a new quote with them........I've never taken a (posted to me) renewal price from any insurance as its always cheaper as a 'new customer' through their website. I've rang up before and said to them about it being cheaper on their own website and 9 times out of 10 they will match that lower price, but will 'warn' you that its normally only for new customers.........

.......worth a go!?

My insurance went up about £70 last renewal in October, even with an extra year of no-claims and now 25yo on my Cup :(

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Oh, seems I cant read!

Its a joke isnt it!!! I'll bet there are loads of people who just accept their posted renewal and get ripped off!!

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Just saw the Greenlight price and went to have a look.........apparently the 172 Cup is an excluded model on their list.......boo hoo!