ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance thread for young 1*2 owners

Black 197
Re: Insurance. Fookers!

Well done lad for getting it cheaper...

Admiral were best for me though

£385 FC - 27yrs - 10yrs NCB

Dare i say being (old) er'ish lol is a billy bonus in the insurance department

Clio 197 cup

Glad you got it sorted pal :)

I know to some people 2k+ is alot of money to insure a car but it's your cash and you do as you wish!

What about that guy on here 'chris knotts' u tried him?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

chris knotts will only insure people fully comp if they are over 22. i didn't really want to be going down the TPFT route but would have had too if i didn't get this quote! You still up for the ladybower meet Razz? Where we meetin? Can't wait to get the new car :cool:

Clio 197 cup

^ Yeah still on for the Yorkshire meet dude! I thought Maccy D's carpark?

U got anywhere else in mind? anaybody else meeting us and driving up?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

maccy D's in hillsborough yeh? dont think so fella. Might be best to PM me to avoid spam in here and getting wrists slapped by mods :eek:

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff

christ after reading this thread think i will stop moaning about my renewal of £400.00 with direct line on my 182.....
mind you have started to get few grey hairs, so over 30...lol

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

lol @paying 400! I would kill for a quote like that... As said though, its all gonna be student loan funded so its all good :cool: although il have to pay it back when i get a job over 15k per year :(... Anyway there isn't many 19 year olds that can say they have a 182 so im pleased!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Try Noel Dazeley insurance, they were dirt cheap for my Vee.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

thanks riz il give them a try... would you say its worth telling them its modified as that brought my quote down on this policy?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

thanks riz il give them a try... would you say its worth telling them its modified as that brought my quote down on this policy?

LOL erm.. i doubt it

Spk to Sarah or Dean, and say Mr Choonara sent you, they know me well lol!! 3 Car changes in one year!!

120d M Sport

No.

Its uni grant paying for it anyway :approve:

lol @paying 400! I would kill for a quote like that... As said though, its all gonna be student loan funded so its all good :cool: although il have to pay it back when i get a job over 15k per year :(...

s**t...Im going away to uni next year...how have you managed this? Tied a new car into the student loan lmao? Gives me hope! Fair play mate

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Thanks Riz il give them a call tomorrow and post here how i get on. I will also ask them about the modified thing and see if they can shed anylight!... Alex... when filling out uni loan application i ticked maximum loan/bursary and get 1900 every 3/4 months. so its this and me working stupid hours paying for everything.... you only live once and money cant follow you to your grave so may aswell. even though i will have to pay it back eventually.

I've not read all the posts so someone may have mentioned them but Halifax car insurance have been the best by far for the past two years for me personally. Not sure if they'd be the same for a younger driver but they're worth a try.

Da

Less

lol, I'm with moggy at circa £400...well played in getting a quote you're happy with though Luke!

:)

120d M Sport

Thanks Riz il give them a call tomorrow and post here how i get on. I will also ask them about the modified thing and see if they can shed anylight!... Alex... when filling out uni loan application i ticked maximum loan/bursary and get 1900 every 3/4 months. so its this and me working stupid hours paying for everything.... you only live once and money cant follow you to your grave so may aswell. even though i will have to pay it back eventually.

Nice one mate, cheers for explaining that. As I say, gives me hope, much as I love my car don't really like the thought of three more years of 1.2 power! Hope you get something decent sorted with the insurance:)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Yeh its worth it... I pick up makavellis 182 at the end of the month all being well. Can't wait :D i thought my 1.2 was OK but since driving a few 182's over the year it just makes my 1.2 feel s**te. completely different world. Although its made me stop driving my 1.2 like a prick now i know its not even remotely fast lol. thanks for your help guys, still going to keep hunting though! and you people paying circa 400 for insurance make me sick!!!!!!!!

Yeh its worth it... I pick up makavellis 182 at the end of the month all being well. Can't wait :D i thought my 1.2 was OK but since driving a few 182's over the year it just makes my 1.2 feel s**te. completely different world. Although its made me stop driving my 1.2 like a prick now i know its not even remotely fast lol. thanks for your help guys, still going to keep hunting though! and you people paying circa 400 for insurance make me sick!!!!!!!!

what about us lot paying 300? :p

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

scum of the earth son! :eek: lol although tbf you did well to get the quote you did down by 200 quid!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

Nice one mate, proud of you!

Cough, 1800 on a modified 182 at 19, cough..... ;)

182 & Porsche 986

I'm also paying stupid price for insurance but i get it slightly less being female and all:rasp:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Nice one mate, proud of you!

Cough, 1800 on a modified 182 at 19, cough..... ;)
Yeh but you got mega lucky with yours mofo with them getting it wrong and all. :(

I'm also paying stupid price for insurance but i get it slightly less being female and all:rasp:
Females FTW ;)

went from an "E" postcode...highest..

to an "A" postcode...

living in a slum ftl..
PMSL at your parking ding thing hahaha...

My postcode isn't even rated. on that list it just says refer. i think that plays a big part in the price tbf.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

I got lucky with Flux, but had 4/5 quotes for 1700 on a standard car...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Who with dude. still need more to add to my list for tomorrows huntings!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR

Was on moneysupermarket, cant remember the exact companies.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Here is my current list :

Adrian Flux - £3,500
performance direct - £Fail
More than -
Bell - £Fail
Swindon - £6,500
Equity - £6,400
Direct Line - £ Wont cover 21+
Brent-care - £2347
Noel Dazeley -

120d M-Sport

Belting result matey!! Pleased for you! Whats your postcode like pal? Mines terrible and the best quotes i can get is £2900 with insure your motor.

But thats via all the online compare sites. Not tried ringing up, does that guarntee a better quote by ringing them? Btw my quote is for 20 years old with 1 year NCB.

To the people who disagree with the money we spend on our insurance all i can say is im sorry of we want more than a 1.2 but a 1.2 with 1year NCB for me is £2100 so i know what am doing!!! :approve:

EDIT: Forgot to say all my quotes are TPFT!! Now thats livin' in the ghetto lol :rasp:

Last edited:

I find putting Student in the occupation box weird, it might as well jsut come up as drop pants now.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

Just had my renewel through from MORETHAN for my now sold RB 182, £237 protected on 15k per yr, being old the joys;):rasp::rasp:

1.2 Dynamique billabong

try brentacre mate they are the best car insurance company ever, both me and my bro have used them for the last 4 years and i wouldnt swap. the customer service is great as its a small brokers and the guys in there actually know about modified cars rather than some insurance companies based in shanty towns who barely know what a car is lol. they have insurance premiums for both standard and modified cars. my modified car insurance premium allows any cosmetic modifications, performance mods like lowering, alloys, brakes etc. As well as a power increase of up to 10 BHP so induction kit and exhaust etc. which is all i need, if i want to increase the power i just pay more for a higher band.

they also seem to be competitive on normal cars too as my mum has just insured her new 5 series with them

heres the link, definately worth checking them out
http://www.brentacre.co.uk/

cheers
James

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Cheers James thats another one i can add to my list!
Ridhaz, Yeh my postcode is also a proper ghetto, i think that is most of the problem tbh. My original plan was to get a ph1 and just go TPTF but i thought f**k it if im going to do it il do it properly.

Turned out to be a mega pain in the ass but im getting there slowly. Now all i need to do is sell my car!! :(

Edit: James, just realised it is brent acre that i got that quote off :D so yeh they are excellent and all that modification business is the same as what they told me for the 182 so its ideal!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Nah. Plus id rather be 100% legit with this one.
Had a few sketchy policy's in the past and would rather this one be proper lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

try brentacre mate they are the best car insurance company ever, both me and my bro have used them for the last 4 years and i wouldnt swap. the customer service is great as its a small brokers and the guys in there actually know about modified cars rather than some insurance companies based in shanty towns who barely know what a car is lol. they have insurance premiums for both standard and modified cars. my modified car insurance premium allows any cosmetic modifications, performance mods like lowering, alloys, brakes etc. As well as a power increase of up to 10 BHP so induction kit and exhaust etc. which is all i need, if i want to increase the power i just pay more for a higher band.

they also seem to be competitive on normal cars too as my mum has just insured her new 5 series with them

heres the link, definately worth checking them out
http://www.brentacre.co.uk/

cheers
James

Similar to my Insurance, tbh i cant see myself going back to a big big company unless they are significantly cheaper than a broker.

SO nice when people know who you are and you can get through to them quickly!