ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance thread for young 1*2 owners

Re: Insurance. Fookers!

I'm 21 and 2 years NCB they quoted me £1300 for a 172 and I was paying £1330 last year on the 1.4! Loves it

Brentacre FTW

Storm Grey 200

Im starting to look forward to getting a quote for my 172 now, cheapest is 1.3k with bell. Hopefully brent is near, as then i can go to mod town :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I think this thread would be usefull stickied somewhere tbh as there is no end of young people wanting insurance on an RS.

I have a list of people who to ring and who wont touch you. il post it when i hve rang the other companys mentioned.

Thanks for all your help guys, hopefully i can beat brentcares quote and see if they will match it.

Ian

Focus TDCi

I'm definitely going to try Brent Acre for renewal, everyone that mentions them speaks of win. All quotes I've had for ph1 172's have been over 3k, so just hope they can come up with the goods for me. Glad you're sorted Luke, Makavelli's car as well.. niiice! :)

Integra Type-R DC2

lol, I got a quote thursday for a JDM DC2. £1600, and thats cheap!

2001 172

I'm 26 and pay £307 full comp for 18000 miles on my 172 :) I think the words "salt" and "wound" probably apply

Clio 197 08

I cant believe quoted you £3000! I 20yrs old, 3 years driving, 1NCB and 1 fault accident and my insurance only £1300 fully comp from them on my new 197!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I cant believe quoted you £3000! I 20yrs old, 3 years driving, 1NCB and 1 fault accident and my insurance only £1300 fully comp from them on my new 197!
who with man?

197 are cheaper insurance group than the 182.

And at a guess your postcode isn't equal with that of one in iraq lol

Clio 197 08

Sorry, meant to put 'cant believe bell quoted you £3000 ....' as i am with bell insurance! Lol, i moved to the next town along from where i used to live about 3 years ago and on the car i had then insurance went up so it not the best!

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff

Here is my current list :

Adrian Flux - £3,500
performance direct - £Fail
More than -
Bell - £Fail
Swindon - £6,500
Equity - £6,400
Direct Line - £ Wont cover 21+
Brent-care - £2347
Noel Dazeley -

Well 5 minutes ago, just renewed with Direct Line on my FF 182 2005 on a 6000 milage policy of £373.00 fully comp with ncb protection & legal protection. Inc my Goodridge Braided Hoses fitted.

But they want additional £188.00 if i fit a janspeed or yozzasport exhaust, if there is a power increase or on a standard stainless steel exhaust that does not have a power increase additional £0.00
so guess Direct line are not modification friendly....:dapprove:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

no mate direct line dont really do modifications. bit of a joke to be fair. i am going to try the rest of the listed companys on monday to see if i can get it any cheaper. im hoping for circa 2k if i can.

you would have been better off with brentcare/greenlight mate!

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff

no mate direct line dont really do modifications. bit of a joke to be fair. i am going to try the rest of the listed companys on monday to see if i can get it any cheaper. im hoping for circa 2k if i can.

you would have been better off with brentcare/greenlight mate!

prob would have done, greenlight,
but only reason i have gone direct line is buying a fiesta van 2001 as a 2nd car, and direct line have matched my no claims discount on the van also.... have put van and clio 182 on a 6000 mile policy, both fully comp

now have a dilema, as standard back boxes are starting to blow a little...lol
all fun

Luke, did you try Noel Dazely ?? (i've not read it all)

If not give Highway a bell (if you have to)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

LOL Craig, i was about to bump this thread asking if anyone knows of anymore decent companys aswell.

Im just about to start ringing around all the ones i haven't done yet. I will add highway to my list and see what they can come up with...

Noel dazely will be the first one i ring so i will let you know what they say once im off the phone. Cheers :)

renault clio 1.4 si 2000

jeeez some scary quotes on here!! i pay 400 quid for my rep with the flux, fully comp everyting declared, they said if i do the conversion in the summer and turn it into an almost genuine 172 it'll only be 700! thats not taking into account ill than have 4 yrs NCB. over 25 FTW :D

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

directline £816 for a 182 cup fully comp, 4 yncb + bonus yr (for being with them for so long), 21 without my mum or dad on my policy.

id of waited personaly till i was at least 20 or 21 altho i was getting quite cheap quotes on A4 estates at 19

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

• Adrian Flux - £3,500
  • performance direct - £Fail
  • More than - £ Hung up
  • Bell - £Fail
  • Swindon - £6,500
  • Equity - £6,400
  • Direct Line - £ Wont cover 21+
  • Brent-care - £2489 - ROD 345
  • Noel Dazeley -ringing later
  • Keith Michaels - £ w**kers
  • A-Plan - £ 1 Year experience
  • A Quote - £5500
  • Thames city - Reviewing my renewal on a 182.
Failing hard atm... i submitted an online quote form for noel dazely and they said they would look at it and get back to me later on. Time to get google out.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Watch out for the ecxcess on it, it comes stacked anyway - so if you put in £300 voluntary it'll be a lot more than that.

Add you ma/aunt to the policy too (if they have a clean licence)

My excess is 1k lol...Reduced the premium massively.

2001 172

• Adrian Flux - £3,500
  • performance direct - £Fail
  • More than - £ Hung up
  • Bell - £Fail
  • Swindon - £6,500
  • Equity - £6,400
  • Direct Line - £ Wont cover 21+
  • Brent-care - £2489 - ROD 345
  • Noel Dazeley -ringing later
  • Keith Michaels - £ w**kers
  • A-Plan - £ 1 Year experience
  • A Quote - £5500
  • Thames city - Reviewing my renewal on a 182.
Failing hard atm... i submitted an online quote form for noel dazely and they said they would look at it and get back to me later on. Time to get google out.

Might sound simple, but why dont you drive somwething less powerful until such time you aren't gonna get raped by the insurance companies? isnt that what everyone else does?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Might sound simple, but why dont you drive somwething less powerful until such time you aren't gonna get raped by the insurance companies? isnt that what everyone else does?
Becuase i have bought the car (based on a good quote i got from an insurer thats now saying they wont cover me) and because i can afford it anyway, id just like to pay less.

no harm in shopping round.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo

if your over 21 and have a years no claims give green light a call there always cheap

2001 172

Becuase i have bought the car (based on a good quote i got from an insurer thats now saying they wont cover me) and because i can afford it anyway, id just like to pay less.

no harm in shopping round.

fair enough, but theres nothing on the face of this earth that would entice me to even consider a premium like you suggested. escpecially when you consider how sharp premiums drop once you get some experience under your belt. each to theor own though, fi you can afford it then so be it

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Without reading 6 pages you seem to only be doing quotes over the phone, what was the result online? Just use four or so big comparison sites and see what comes up. If you can pay online, why not? Why ring them up and give them a chance to change things and try charge you more!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

fair enough, but theres nothing on the face of this earth that would entice me to even consider a premium like you suggested. escpecially when you consider how sharp premiums drop once you get some experience under your belt. each to theor own though, fi you can afford it then so be it
not to sound bitchy mate but iv worked my ass off for coming on 2 years now for this, and managed to save 9k workin every weekend and not going out as much as id like.

End of the day its something i want, and what good is it doing sat in the bank? Yeh i could wait another year or two and get it say 1k cheaper? But i can work a few extra weekends and get the 1k back this year so not really much difference to me. This time in 2 months time i may have been killed/something simular and il be looking back thinking that was a waste of time.

I could also go out and buy a paxo vts/pug 106 etc but i dont see the point. If im going to do the jump im going to do it properly to i car iv had my heart set on so thats the way forward :approve:

FAO anyone who is interested, noel dazely can't quote unless you are over 22. Nay mind.
Thanks for your help guys.

Luke.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Without reading 6 pages you seem to only be doing quotes over the phone, what was the result online? Just use four or so big comparison sites and see what comes up. If you can pay online, why not? Why ring them up and give them a chance to change things and try charge you more!
Because i can see it being in the small print somewhere and if i need to claim for anything i can't be doing with going through that headace lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

I paid £3700 TPFF when i was 18 on a psh1 lol

Would never do it again

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I paid £3700 TPFF when i was 18 on a psh1 lol

Would never do it again
pmsl. that makes you a legend IMO.

And makes me happy that there are more idiots in this world who are a slave to insurance :)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

lol, i bumped the car two weeks before the end of the policy too, lost the no claims i nearly had!

wont insure me as im "only" 19 and that there is no point in trying to get insured.

he was a bit of an ass in fairness.

Who did you speak to? they insured me on my 182 at 19 for a lot less than your getting quoted and with a decent excess. Gary is the person to speak to, I allways speak to him, ring back and ask to speak to him.