ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance Tips!

Ph1

Got my renewal through from Direct Line and my premiums gone up £20 even though everythings the same as last year !!.......think there having a laugh.... 28, 11 years NCB, clean licence, no points and living in rural Scotland £620 protected........does an 11 year unblemished driving record count for nothing ?

2012 WRX Waggon

NO!!! - i got 13 years with directline!!

elephant quoted me 488 (even with wifes bump) Direct wanted 650!!

bin em!

Insurance isnt that bad really, try HIC. They are good for some people, My policy with them starts in a few weeks.

Clio Rt with rebuilt R5 gtt lump 170bhp at 19 (turned 19 in feb) tpft 1700.

Considering ive got 3 points, No No claims and with everything declared i think that is a reasonable price. And some of u are worried cause its over 1k. Its the price you have to pay sometimes. Dave

i have just renewed mine. i got £65 off just by sayign renault insurance could do that much cheaper and by saying i will pay full right now if you can match. Endsleigh did do that .

also protected my 4 years no claims and got it on 12k a year and have the misses on it for not a lot of pennies

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by phil sport 172 on 12 March 2004

Try Renault insurance for a cheap quote. Was paying 1430 for a 22yr old on a sport 172 and have just been quoted 716.

Does anyone have the link for Renault Insurance please? When I did a search it kept coming up with insurance for Renaults !

wih regards to added cost for bigger wheels, churchill didnt want any extra for my 16"s as long as they werent any wider than the bodywork. All good stuff!!

Ph1

Rang some insurance companys today and yes Norwich Union were by far the cheapest........Churchills wouldnt touch me in this high performance car there words untill I turn 30.

172 clio

Just been reading your threads, had my renewal from Norwich Union £680, was wondering if that is a good renewal, only had my 172 a year, 3yrs no claims, got my boyfriend as named driver as well.

Does this HIC, Adrian Flux and Performance Direct have websites?

Thanks Lou

Through Adrian Flux im paying £1204 protected 4 years no claims on a 2003 172. Im 22 and that was the best quote i could get after loads of calls with some saying they could not insure me until im 30!

Ph1

Changed insurance companys today Im now with Norwich Union paying just over £500 protected, able to do up to 14000 miles a year for me a 28yo on the 172 :D

Quote: Originally posted by lon5dale on 09 March 2004

Try http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com !!!!!! - they check bout 20 different companies at once

I was paying £1100 early this year with co-op insurance on my 1.8 16v,

put it through that website - with another named driver, 15,000 miles a year,

confused.com came back with £550 for admiral, i went on admirals website put exact same details through, came back with £470....

then got a phone call that afternoon,pestering me to take the policy, kept putting them off, saying i was still looking around, ended up paying £445!!!

Yep! I second that! Admiral have quoted me £580 fully comp for me and the missus. We are both 21, Ive got 2 yrs NCB, shes just passed her test! Confused.com is great! thats on my valver.

I was paying £1020 TPF&T 18 months ago!

Chris.

320d M Sport

only prob with confused.com is sometimes they get the vehicle wrong!

ie u type in ur reg and itll put in a 1.2 or diesel instead of a Williams or 172 etc etc.

read it all carefully!

172 clio

Adrain Flux quoted me £600, £80 cheaper than Norwich Union. I was all set to change and yesterday an 18 tonne lorry decided to go into the back of my 172!! It is now very squashed with a raised boot section and a bumper off the mountings, god knows how long it will take to fix.

Too much hassle now to change insurers so NU have me for another year. To be truthful they are being really good so I dont mind sticking with them whilst they sort this out.

Megane 225 baby! :)

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 30 March 2004

only prob with confused.com is sometimes they get the vehicle wrong!

ie u type in ur reg and itll put in a 1.2 or diesel instead of a Williams or 172 etc etc.

read it all carefully!

Totally agree with Paddy here, got some amazing quotes until I noticed that it was on a 1.2! :mad:

Still got nice quote from Diamond so they got my business! :)

Hi all,

New to the forum, got a 1.2 16V at the mo, going to pick up my 182 on friday and have been quoted 696 by Tesco, 22 with 5 years no claims.

Cheers

ph1 19 16v, ph1 172

any chance someone could clarify for me who some of these insurers are that i keep seeing mentioned?

HIC?

CIA?

CIS?

Thanks

320d M Sport

HIC = Herts Insurance consultants

CIS = CIS! Aka Co-Op Insurance Services

CIA = Just CIA Insurance, do a search for them

Dont seem to have that much trouble with Insurance Tesco is very good, i have been quoted 500 but i am 29 this year :oops: female and have 9 years no claims :D

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

hi guys just bought clio 182 and im only 20 so know what your on about regards insurance. Also i work for a mjor insurance company the biggest tip when getting quotes is first get a quote on line and then ring them to c if it can be lowered at all and another tip be nice cos if you get on the persns nerves they will just bin u straight away cos i do it all day

Id just like to add another good tip to what have been said, and this came from someone who have worked for many insurance companies..

God knows only why...but girls/ladies get cheaper car insurance then men,

Any male who has their other half as a second driver then try it the other way around.... I know it may hurt some male pride being second on the insurance policy but it saves some cash.. beleive me!!!!

Put this to the test and let us all know..

I shopped around for ages with the insurance on my 172. In the end my best price was 4800 quid a year so I took out a separate loan just to pay the insurance hehe, I had to have one though else I was gonna go crazy, Thank fook that when my policy runs out its gonna go down to around 1300 a year because I hit 21.

Its a joke though cause my mate of 21 has a cup pays like 1700 but its the fact his brother whos 19 pays 2000. grrrrrrrr. Not like Ive ever claimed or been convicted, my licence is clean as a whistle too.

You people paying 600 odd quid, you lucky lucky buggas.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

4800!!:eek: Are you serious I have regularly paid 1500 pounds on insurance and consider this to be very expensive but 4800!! I think I would have bought a slower car. *Woo hoo 1000 posts*

Ford Fiesta

just a note for everyone, its worth spending time playing with quotes online. Just added a couple of family members to my policy me still main driver. Brought it down for £2069 to £1404. fully comp LOL

just shows insurance is a real **** take.

What is everyone saying when people ask is it modified, for those with cup spolier/suspension pack? Its a factory option isnt it that car hasnt been modified since it left the factory, correct?

Liam

what made me laugh was that i could insure my car this year with one years no claims cheaper than i could last year with three years n/c.

Try Greenlight with cliosport discount. Only reason i never took it up was that im not giving H***WAY INS any more of my money. Admiral were the next best.

Im 24 and got a quote from Egg for my new 182 - £615 fully comp with £100 excess. That includes my g/f who is the same age.

Thing is though Ive got 6 years no claims.....

GR7

Shiny red R32

Where would my chum find the cheapest insurance for his GSXR600? The renewal shows it to have increased by quite a bit and he only drives it once or twice a fortnight in the dry - no incidents and no claims.

:confused:

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 05 May 2004

Where would my chum find the cheapest insurance for his GSXR600? The renewal shows it to have increased by quite a bit and he only drives it once or twice a fortnight in the dry - no incidents and no claims.

:confused:

Try the usual suspects...

http://www.biketeam.co.ukwww.biketeam.co.uk

(they insured my Ducati 748 for £450 fully comp, bikes worth £6.5k, 2 yrs ncd, age 23)

Also http://www.insurance2000.co.ukwww.insurance2000.co.uk have been good for me in the past

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

£4800 for insurance:cry: youre having a giraffe surely!

No chance id pay that, its a joke mate.

Now has anyone heard of CSIS insurance? just wondering because they are supposed to be very good ( and quite cheap)

I think its restricted to certain occupations( to which i belong) thus have better deals:)