ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance....what are my rights?

Renault Clio Sport 182
I'm looking for some advice regarding my rights vs my insurance over repairs carried out.
Time for the story...

In December 2008, two days after buying my 182, I was rear ended quite badly. The insurance passed my details onto a local garage, and after xmas, it went in for repairs. They were v v close to calling it a right off and had to get someone from my insurance to come and view the damage personally. They decided it was possible to repair ir. Two weeks later I went to collect my car. When I got it home i gave it a thorough look over, and found a list of 10 problems resulting from the repairs. Including extra damage caused whilst at the garage, and the fact that I was not completely happy with the repairs they did carry out.

The car went back to the garage, and they agreed to make it all right. The car came back, and again I was still unhappy with the job. The car once again went back in to be repaired. I beleive it was a total of 3 times that the car went in after the original repair. When it came back the last time, all seemed right.

Now...5months down the line I have found that the paint on the spoiler they replaced has begun to bubble and peel. I also found, when changing the indicator bulb, that the light is being kept in position using what appears to be a large piece of blue tac like material. There is also a strange creaking noise coming from the rear of the car.

I will be calling my insurance tomorrow with my complaints, and explaining that I will not be taking it back to the previous garage.

What are my rights? Could it be that the repairs are not sufficient? If so what would my insurance offer? I'm genuinly not happy with the repairs, and think perhaps it should have been a write off. What can i do??

Sorry for the essay.

Clio 200
entitled to it back to the way it was mate.

i work for an insurance company, give me a pm if you need.

who you insured with?

ITB'd 182...
entitled to it back to the way it was mate.

i work for an insurance company, give me a pm if you need.

who you insured with?

+1
+1 and +1 ;)

Should rectify it back to pre incident standard. Should indemnify you as a customer

Renault Clio Sport 182
Its with Privilege Insurance.

I wont name and shame the garage until I get asked to.

Looks like I'll be calling my insurance first thing tomorrow. Any advice?

clio 182
same happened to me you should have a guarantee on the paint work mine was for 3 years . i took it to them and they booked it straight in no troubles.

Clio 200
nah time shouldnt be an issue any reputable engineer will be able to spot if the damage to the car is related to your original accident.

they may send an engineer out or arrange for another garage to inspect it depends ont he claim handler you get tbh. if it was me i would get an engineer to inspect it on a ram tbh.

just explain to them what has happened and you are not hay with the repairs and you want to get it sorted and take it from there

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Should take photographs (Or videos if needed) of all the problems before you let it go back. And do it every time

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I had the same problems with Privilege, their approved repairers are complete rubbish.

Complained about the 1st repair when I went to pick it up and wouldn't accept it so they re-did the work. A week later I called them again as they had broken the clips on the wing mirror cover when re-spraying it so it would come off if it was folded in. The engineer never came. Called them back said they would send him out. He never came. 4months on still chasing as they claim they had no record of my calls. threaten to report them and they agreed to finally fit a new one.

Go in guns blazing or they won't take you seriously. just to note they didn't let me take it anywhere else in my area as they wouldn't garauntee the work

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol it won't be an approved repairer as such mate, it's more likely to be there own garage.

Like Direct Line have there own bodyshop but my garage is an approved bodyshop for them.

You'll be fine aslong as an engineer comes and looks at it with you i'm sure he will agree.
You're the third party in this case which gives you an even stronger p[ositions as it wasn't even your fault!