ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance

Clio 172
My son today got a quote from sky insurance for £4600 on his clio 172 , he's 23 no accidents no convictions held his full licence for 6 yrs and this is the price that was quoted, what a joke.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  TTS
Wow that's more than the car's value! Why would anyone ever pay that? They may as well just say they can't cover him.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Wowza. Do you live in Iraq.
I'm 23. 3 years no claims.
Pay £540 with admiral. FC, all mods declared

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I'm 19, 1 year NCB. 1070 fully comp with elephant. Both parents as named drivers. My excess is £1000 though, it's ok though. Im a careful enough driver. Only 1 year NCB but been passed for 2 and a bit years now

Ford Mustang 5.0
My son today got a quote from sky insurance for £4600 on his clio 172 , he's 23 no accidents no convictions held his full licence for 6 yrs and this is the price that was quoted, what a joke.

We normally need a minimum of 1yrs NCB Has he been driving under your policy as a named driver or under any kind of company cars for the last year? if so we may be able to get a concession for this.

If he covers under 7500 miles a year it would really help and coule mean we can obtain a much more competitive quote for you.

If you wanted to PM me your contact number ill call you personally to run the quote details through.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

RB 182
I thought i would do a quick check for december when i renew, ill be 19, 1 yncb 2 years driving experience and a fault claim, with my mum and sister as named drivers on a 172 it comes up with 1500 :) i could get a civic type R for 2200 and just for s***s and giggles, a scooby sti for 4000 :L

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
23 with 4 NBC and 3 points and I'm getting quotes of around £550 on a 1*2.

Clio 172
Just spoke to Neil at greenlight insurance with regards a quote for my son ,and been quoted £1050 with all the mods. A big thanks for such an amazing quote, my sons well chuffed.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Just spoke to Neil at greenlight insurance with regards a quote for my son ,and been quoted £1050 with all the mods. A big thanks for such an amazing quote, my sons well chuffed.

No problem, Thanks again for calling and glad he was happy with the price.

Our policy is really flexible with additional modifications as well should he wish to add anything.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

MR2 Mk1.5

Hi,

thanks for giving us a try, I'm afraid £4600 indicates that our car club scheme criteria , reading on this is likely due to lack of NCB.

Thanks for the feedback and apologies we couldn't help.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 03303 331250