ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurers who don't care about modifications

Hey, long time no post!

Anyway, I mind when I was about 18, there was alot of insurance companies about who didnt mind about modifications if you were over 25 and had 5 years no claims.

Had a week look about, can't see any now that I'm in that position.

Does anybody know any of the top of their head?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
halifax have been pretty good to me! i have told them about my seats and mentioned the poss about having a new exhaust - both of which they werent bothered about!!

1.6 focus zetec....
Adrian flux... Got to be over 21 but aprt from that they don't mind about mods or NCB. Non power increasing mods wont put your premium up... just when you start putting an IK on and power increasing mods that they bump the premium up slightly.

Greenlight?? Heard a few bad things about these lately but not had any personal experiences..

205Gti,HondaCBR600RR
Im with cornish mutual on the farm fleet policy. They said I don't need to notify them of any mods unless it changes the power of the car. Don't know if it would be the same for a normal policy though.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Adrian flux... Got to be over 21 but aprt from that they don't mind about mods or NCB. Non power increasing mods wont put your premium up... just when you start putting an IK on and power increasing mods that they bump the premium up slightly.

Greenlight?? Heard a few bad things about these lately but not had any personal experiences..

Where did you get 21 from?!
I'm 19, all mods that dont increase power are free as you said, any that do cost.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Brentacre Insurance, they're not bothered about mods as long as it doesn't increase BHP over something like 190

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Brentacre Insurance, they're not bothered about mods as long as it doesn't increase BHP over something like 190

Yeah, on the saxperience forum loads of guys used these.
You can policy set up with a BHP limit i.e 200BHP and you can make any modification and as long as you don't go over it won't cost anything, you have to notify them though. And you can upgrade if need be half way through the year if you catch the bug;)

EP3 Civic Type R
HIC gave me an excellent quote as they did for my Fiesta Turbo and a friends.

They will cover your mods to the value they are for theft/damage and when you list your mods, the people who work for HIC even know what you are talking about... which is a shock in insurance these days.

Give them a call!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
either hic or brentacre are offering the best quotes for me come renewal time next month. very lenient on mods too.

1.6 focus zetec....

Where did you get 21 from?!
I'm 19, all mods that dont increase power are free as you said, any that do cost.

Thought i'd read it on the site mate... obviously not. My bad.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
What are the prices like on average?

well i was shopping round with them yesterday between hic/chris knott/brentare and brentacre come back to me and beat all their prices just because i asked them too.

worth a ring tbh.