ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insuring 197

My new 197 is coming this month. Just wanted to know about insurance and extras. i.e. ive opted for cup pack, recaros, xenons and cup spoiler.

Do i tell the insurance about all these options? Has anyone else done this and does it make much difference to the price?

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
well my thinking in doing this is that the car is standard from Renault its only if you modify it further you have to tell them about it?

how old are you buddy?

im in the same situation but im only 22 and cant get insured

Lee

BMW M2C
I told Direct Line I'd spec'd Recaros, they made a not on the policy, but there was no extra charge for them. It's worth telling them everything.

They asked if I'd added any factory fitted options so I told them.

Tesla MP3 2021
well my thinking in doing this is that the car is standard from Renault its only if you modify it further you have to tell them about it?

how old are you buddy?

Who have you tried, I am insured with Direct Line currenlty on the 182 and there is no issue to change to a 197 when it comes...

Tesla MP3 2021

how old are you buddy?

Who have you tried, I am insured with Direct Line currenlty on the 182 and there is no issue to change to a 197 when it comes...

Forgot to add Im only 21 and 0 NCB

Im 20, got a quote of elephant for £1129 for a brand new 197 including the options. Just wondered about getting a quote, or insuring without telling them of the optionals as they are factory fitted.

Ford Fiesta Mk6 Zetec S
just started another thread about my insurance sorry.

im 22 with 2 years no claims i think its something to do with the area code myself where i live?

Tesla MP3 2021
To be honest I don’t see why you would need to tell them because they are factory spec options, even then the Recaro's. They are not the CORE spec of the model but they are added to the car from the manufacturer.

Thats true, its not as if im modifying the car after i have brought it. Might be worth getting a quote without telling them the extras.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well 2 of the extra's that come on the 197 are standard on the 182 (Xenons and Climate), you wouldnt tell them about them so I cant see any difference in the 197.

Lee

BMW M2C
To be honest I don’t see why you would need to tell them because they are factory spec options, even then the Recaro's. They are not the CORE spec of the model but they are added to the car from the manufacturer.

They asked, I answered honestly, not worth the hassle.

When you consider that you could add £6k plus to the value of a new Mini with options, they have to take it into consideration.

Tesla MP3 2021
Also for me through Direct Line due to the price of the car it needs to have insurance approved security devices fitted. So thats a Thatcham Category 2 Engine Immobiliser and a Thatcham Category 1 Alarm system :)

Tesla MP3 2021

They asked, I answered honestly, not worth the hassle.

When you consider that you could add £6k plus to the value of a new Mini with options, they have to take it into consideration.

Your with Direct Line aint you Lee?

What did they say??

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah I'm with Direct Line. Because he asked me if I'd got any factory fitted options I declared the seats. It made no difference to the cost, they just made a note on the policy.

Cost me around £530 to insure the Cup this year. 16k miles, 3 points, one fault claim.

Tesla MP3 2021
Right ok well if they ask me I might just say the Recaro's ;) (ignoring the Xenons, Cup Packs and Climate) lol

I wish mine was £530 :(

Factory Fit options should make no diff to your premium. They should however be declared as if you write the car off, your replacement/pay out will be based on it either having or not having the extras. A lot of companies will replace a written off car on a "new for old" basis if it is less than a yr old, and getting a 197 without the xenons/cup pack/ac/recaros will be a bit of a dissappointment..

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
declare all options that are obvious, like xeon litght the cup suspention packs the different allowys if a pplicable, and the seats, if the worst come to the worst they would only replace with standard parts, if they dont void the insurance.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah that does make sense, I think I will tell them as I dont want to loose out if anything major happened.

Thanks.