ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

intended system for mk 3 clio....

Im just wanting a nice neat quality system, and have posted this for opinions on this system i am considering getting....

Alpine CDM9803 head unit
Alpine ALP-SPR176A component 13cm and tweeters for the front
Alpine SPR-134A coaxials for the rear
and a Pioneer PIO-TSWX205A enclosed sub with built in amp

this comes to about £450 from mcs direct which is the cheapest ive found so far, anyone had experience of ordering from these people? What they like?

opinions would be v helpful thanks..

yer there ok, cheap, customer service is to be disired!!, but add on postage

Can i just say, dont get alpine spearkers, they make very good HU - i have the 7894rb. but get a diiferent make of comps, and you dont really need rear fill IMO, and you can getter for your money than pioneer subs, especially a active sub

IMO system should be

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=988Mac Attack 4075 - £150 CAD specail offers

CDM9803R - £130 - mcs

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2374DLS R5A - £135 - CAD

And i dont know too much avout good subs, but spend about 100 on the sub then another 50 on cables and an enclosure, and this will be allot better than the mcs one.

You defo need to amp fronts, so 2 channels for the fronts and then 2 bridged for the sub.

And you want to spend about £100+ on fronts, as your diving the car from the front!!!

PS - this mac amp is very good, underrated amp.

Plus only look at RMS rating of amps ect the maxpower is bullsh*t!!!

Hope this helps

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.ukwww.caraudiodirect.co.uk - the forum ther is very good as well

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

ye mcs are very good, they offered to upgrade my speakers to the newer model for free wen they were delieverd with all the screws and stuff missing.

i had alpine componets b4, cant remember which ones tho, they were 75 quid from mcs, they were good but nowhere near as good as the kickers i hav now. i would defo reccomend listenin to sum kickers, really good treble and mid range.

how about rockford FNP2514 compoenets for front and rockford FRC4205 components for the rear instead of the alpines?

also will the tweeters in both the alpine and rockford component sets fit striaght into the orignal dash where the original tweeters are?

no, no, no, no, no - DO NOT USE ROCKFORD FOSGATE IF YOU WANT A DECENT SOUND

the intended set-up i had for my car before it was stolen and crashed was

Alpine CDA-9815.RB
Phoenix Gold TX204
Directed Audio 600d
Crystal CAM200.2
Crystal Comp1212
Diamond Audio M661

IMO this would sound awesome, costs a little more than most would normally pay, but would be well worth the money

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

i can say for sure that the kicker components drop perfectly into the tweeter holes on the later clios

and so do the genesis tweeters, spcaing the mids was a little more difficult, but they have huge baskets, most others simply drop stright in

how do u actually change the tweeters on the latest clio??? Cos it looks like 2 me that you have to take the dash off. is it possible to just take the tweeters out?

to tell the truth, to do a good job, and if your rewireing them, as i think you should, its allot eaiser, and it will be a better final result if you remove the dash

Rorrie

Mk2 Golf GTI

if those subs just look like a box theyre pretty sh*t cuz my mate has one. vibe make a really good powered sub for about £200 new but have a look on ebay for cheap vibe stuff